Warning: Ceylon Herd likely to be taken offline.

Stephane Epardaud

Jun 21, 2021, 8:27:47 AM6/21/21
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, ceylon...@googlegroups.com
Hi, please note that the Ceylon module repository is likely to be taken offline real soon. Let me know if you find this unacceptable and want to discuss hosting options. Sorry about this.
--
Stéphane Épardaud

John Vasileff

Jun 21, 2021, 11:56:27 AM6/21/21
to ceylon...@googlegroups.com, ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Would it be possible to dump the modules to a directory structure and host them on a cloud provider like S3 using the same domain name?

Or, at least dump the modules to a zip file hosted somewhere that folks could download and host locally?

If an archive were available - depending on the size - I’d perhaps even host on S3 with free CloudFront proxying myself. But this is not a great option, since the URL would be different.

I’m sure the usage numbers are low, but I’d hate to see Ceylon programs that use the SDK or other Herd modules break entirely.

John

On Jun 21, 2021, at 8:27 AM, Stephane Epardaud <stephane...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, please note that the Ceylon module repository is likely to be taken offline real soon. Let me know if you find this unacceptable and want to discuss hosting options. Sorry about this.
--
Stéphane Épardaud

Tako Schotanus

Jun 21, 2021, 1:15:42 PM6/21/21
to ceylon-users, ceylon-dev
It would be nice if we could at least do that, right?
Just static file hosting. We'd lose the Herd but like you said existing tooling and code would at least keep working...

-Tako