Interrupt Based Drivers for céu arduino

Naveen Kumar

May 3, 2018, 11:03:53 AM5/3/18
to The Programming Language Céu
Hello everyone,

I was recently approved in Google Summer of Code to contribute to the language Céu. I had selected a project suggested by Francisco Sant'Anna for LabLua organisation. The project aims on building new interrupt based drivers for céu-arduino.

The project consists of developing new interrupt-based drivers for Arduino microcontroller
e.g.:
  • ADC
  • SPI and I2C buses
  • EEPROM
  • Real-time clock
  • Some libraries built on top of these drivers (e.g., RF transceiver, ultrasonic sensor, accelerometer).

My forked repository for the project mentioned above is available at : https://github.com/mnaveenkumar2009/ceu-arduino.

I am glad to be a part of this project and looking forward to contribute to céu.

Céu-Arduino
    Céu-Arduino supports the development of Arduino applications in the programming language Céu:

Thank you,

Naveen

Job van der Zwan

May 4, 2018, 3:53:42 AM5/4/18
to The Programming Language Céu
Hey Naveen,

Good luck with the project! I think Arduino is Céu's best bet of getting some decent adoption, since I feel like it can be a much nicer language to learn than C++, so I hope this project will go well! :)

Cheers,
Job

Naveen Kumar

May 4, 2018, 5:03:01 AM5/4/18
to ceu-...@googlegroups.com
Sure, thank you.

Will make sure this project goes well :)

--

---

Job van der Zwan

May 6, 2018, 7:12:02 PM5/6/18
to The Programming Language Céu
To clarify: I know Céu is targeting the embedded space, but I meant more in terms of getting mind-share with the general programming public, and perhaps even some contributors from outside academia as a result.

Johnicholas Hines

May 7, 2018, 7:40:02 AM5/7/18
to ceu-...@googlegroups.com
I dunno, I think compiling to web assembly and use in the browser, particularly web service workers, might be effective.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Programming Language Céu" group.

Job van der Zwan

May 7, 2018, 7:52:58 AM5/7/18
to The Programming Language Céu
Oh how I wish this existed! Having GALS-style concurrency small Céu programs compiling to service workers sounds amazing to me.

But I think to really work well that would require a version that uses WASM+browser evironment directly as the host language, instead of going via C and emscripten. That requires quite an broad mix of expertise: Lua, Céu, C, WASM and the browser.

Maybe a compiles-to-Walt version is easier to create? https://github.com/ballercat/walt

Anyway, speaking of finding a broader audience for Céu, I happened to meet a dev doing embedded work at Kronaby for the smartwatches. He thought it looked interesting, so I sent him the links. Maybe he'll pick it up :)