Case Study: On Rewriting Pingus from C++ to Céu

Francisco Sant'anna

Apr 3, 2017, 6:54:17 PM4/3/17
to ceu-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I wrote about the process of rewriting the video game Pingus from C++ to Céu:
http://fsantanna.github.io/pingus/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pingus/

All feedback is welcome!

Francisco

Job van der Zwan

Apr 9, 2017, 11:48:09 AM4/9/17
to The Programming Language Céu
I was without a laptop last week and tried to read this on mobile. It seems to have a few peculiar bugs if I let the mobile browser make it reader-friendly. I thought it might just be my browser, now that I have a laptop I'm seeing similar problems:

Content-wise it's pretty clear. A bit more paper than blog-post in language tone, but I guess that's what you're going for

Francisco Sant'anna

Apr 9, 2017, 5:49:11 PM4/9/17
to ceu-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Job van der Zwan <j.l.van...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was without a laptop last week and tried to read this on mobile. It seems to have a few peculiar bugs if I let the mobile browser make it reader-friendly. I thought it might just be my browser, now that I have a laptop I'm seeing similar problems:

Thanks for the feedback. These problems also happen here.

Content-wise it's pretty clear. A bit more paper than blog-post in language tone, but I guess that's what you're going for

More or less. I did a first step for a blog and would later put in a paper format with more references, etc.
Do you have any examples of the improper language tone for a blog?