Prof Arackal

Abe Chat

Jan 16, 2024, 3:42:41 PMJan 16

Jan 16, 2024, 3:46:01 PMJan 16

On Wed, 17 Jan, 2024, 7:42 am Abe Chat, <abe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jan 16, 2024, 4:24:14 PMJan 16

On Jan 16, 2024, at 3:46 PM, Subramanian Potti. V <v.s....@gmail.com> wrote:

Jan 16, 2024, 8:22:51 PMJan 16

Jan 16, 2024, 11:51:46 PMJan 16

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 2:12 am Abe Chat, <abe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hariharan Potti

Jan 16, 2024, 11:58:56 PMJan 16
to cet...@googlegroups.com
Heartfelt condolences.

KT THOMAS

Jan 17, 2024, 1:34:28 AMJan 17
to CETAA67
May his soul rest in eternal peace.
I had spoken to h.im a couple of months ago😟

t j

Jan 17, 2024, 2:46:19 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
How sad!

I just cannot forget Arackal Sir! Some of my neighbouring hoster roommates will remember me pleading "സാറേ എന്റെ ഭാവി കളയല്ലേ" എന്ന്!
It was in 1962!!  He saved my future😀

A great and devouted SIR.

My condolences to his family. May HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

On Wed, 17 Jan, 2024, 02:12 Abe Chat, <abe...@gmail.com> wrote:
he passed away on jan 16 at 10.15 pm

kssa...@polyphase.co.ke

Jan 17, 2024, 2:58:57 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com

Suseelan Padmanabhan

Jan 17, 2024, 3:08:19 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
A great teacher.
I had several chances to meet him in the Principal’s room in Maharajas. He even remembered the names of many of us.
He served as the Chief Editor of a daily newspaper.
Let me also join my friends to remember him and pay respects to his memory.
Suseelan

Abe Chat

Jan 17, 2024, 7:52:11 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
His body will be brought to his house on 19th Friday and funeral scheduled for saturday 9 am at Mount Carmel Cathedral, Alleppey

Sudhakaran Gopalan

Jan 17, 2024, 8:31:08 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
Condolences.

On Wed, 17 Jan, 2024, 2:12 am Abe Chat, <abe...@gmail.com> wrote:
he passed away on jan 16 at 10.15 pm

Annamma John

Jan 17, 2024, 9:49:21 AMJan 17
to CETAA67
Dear friends

Prof Arackal was honored by the Catholic Church as Chevalier.
His father Advocate Arackal was a well known lawyer in Alappuzha and his mother Mrs Eapen was my teacher in high school.
She was very strict and what I remember special is her advice to the students in the class ‘what precautions are to be taken for the “influenza” that was being spread in 1959’. None of the other teachers gave such advice.
His wife Reeni was my Math teacher in High school and the couple do not have children.
His sister Dr. Leeni Eapen was my senior in school and my gynaecologist.
His brother Lalichan is my brother’s classmate in school and are very good friends.

I first met him when I came to Engineering college for admission in 1962. My father was with me and he asked my father a question which I still remember. He asked “ how do you run the workshop with so much labor unrest in the town?” The answer was also interesting. My father said there are 21 labor cases now in the court. I was surprised by the answer which I never happened to hear being mentioned at home.
After taking retirement from the state service he was Principal of St. Michael’s college. I met him in 2019 at wedding reception of my nephew at Alappuzha.
May his soul rest in peace.
Annamma

t j

Jan 17, 2024, 11:31:35 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
Very detailed info on Arackal faamily.

Thanks.

J. Kayani

Jan 17, 2024, 11:43:29 AMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Annamma for the wonderful details.
If you happen to know the funeral streaming website, please share.
Sent from my iPhone

Oscar Lawrence

Jan 17, 2024, 8:02:44 PMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
May Arackal sirs soul Rest in peace

Ramanathan Sankaran

Jan 17, 2024, 9:20:38 PMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com

Ramanathan Sankaran

Jan 17, 2024, 9:23:19 PMJan 17
to cet...@googlegroups.com
I don’t recall him teaching my class. I remember him as a warden. Am I confused?

Ulpala Chiyyarath

Jan 18, 2024, 5:08:45 AMJan 18
to cet...@googlegroups.com
My husband and I visited Arackal Sir at his home in Alleppey in 2017.   He remembered me very well and we talked about his days at CET.  We kept in contact for a few years after that.

May his Soul Rest In Peace.

Ulpala
🙏

Sent from my iPhone