Cesium3DTileset disappears when being scaled/rotated

begg...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2019, 11:44:51 AM7/23/19
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.
When i give a Cesium3DTilesets modelMatrix a scale of anything but 1,1,1 the tileset simply disappears, same happens if i try to change its rotation

2. A minimal code example. If you've found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair
I made quick sandbox to show what i'm experiencing:

when i change the "height" in  this example i also apply a scale to the tileset with the same x,y,z value as the height, just to make a quick example.

https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Build/Apps/Sandcastle/#c=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

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.
I need a way to let users reposition/rotate/scale their 3d tilesets in case they were generated incorrectly

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.
Browser: Google chrome - version 75.0.3770.142 (64-bit)
Cesium version: 1.57
Operating system: Windows 10

Omar Shehata

Jul 23, 2019, 2:55:20 PM7/23/19
to cesium-dev
I think the problem with this specific tileset is that it uses an RTC coordinate to get its position on the globe, so scaling it will scale that coordinate as well.

How is your tileset created? What is your source data?
Message has been deleted

begg...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2019, 2:56:25 AM7/24/19
to cesium-dev

begg...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2019, 3:07:20 AM7/24/19
to cesium-dev
I'm afraid i can't tell you too much about the creation process since i don't have anything to do with it, all i know is we use ContextCapture

Omar Shehata

Aug 2, 2019, 9:37:04 PM8/2/19
to cesium-dev
Can you try uploading the source data to cesium.com/ion? Context Capture should have an option for outputting OBJ models that you can upload. That will allow you to position, scale and rotate it using Cesium ion's location adjust tool.

m...@easyinspect.net

Aug 8, 2019, 6:45:47 AM8/8/19
to cesium-dev
That works, thanks for your help