Cesium and JavaFX Webview

s_add...@hotmail.com

Dec 4, 2019, 10:02:22 AM12/4/19
to cesium-dev
I am writing a desktop application using JavaFX. I would like to use Cesium in my application to display a satellite's trajectory on top of a globe. I believe the JavaFX webview component should handle this.

Has anyone had success incorporating Cesium into a JavaFX application? Any advice or suggestions?

Omar Shehata

Dec 10, 2019, 8:02:33 AM12/10/19
to cesium-dev
It should work just like any regular web application, and I imagine all the Sandcastle code examples should work as well, like this one showing the satellite's path:

Are you having any specific issues with it?

s_add...@hotmail.com

Dec 12, 2019, 3:44:43 PM12/12/19
to cesium-dev
Thanks for the reply, Omar.

I'm just getting started with both JavaFX and Cesium, but I've just run into my first error. When I try to display a simple Cesium globe in a JavaFX WebView the error reads: The browser does not support WebGL.

I've noticed there's a library for Cesium GWT that maybe will work better within my JavaFX application.