Is GeoJSON to 3DTiles possible now?

bec...@prominentedge.com

Jan 27, 2020, 6:00:33 PM1/27/20
to cesium-dev

According to here:

Under the "data formats at a glance" section, I see that GeoJSON has a check mark under 3dTiles as compatible format for an asset type. I tried loading some GeoJSON in Ion the other day but have not been able to get this to work. Are there any caveats I am missing? If so I feel they should be listed for each data format and asset type since this does not seem to be well documented. Thanks in advance!

Omar Shehata

Jan 28, 2020, 3:39:12 AM1/28/20
to cesium-dev
You can upload GeoJSON just for hosting, not for tiling. I'm pretty sure that's a typo on the uploading page, which I'll see about getting that fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!

You can read about the GeoJSON hosting announcement here: https://cesium.com/blog/2019/10/25/upload-kml-geojson-czml/

bec...@prominentedge.com

Jan 28, 2020, 6:06:11 PM1/28/20
to cesium-dev