Is the tiled model of the 3D mesh data uploaded to ion repository, then processed there, available to download?

Maciej Rydlewicz

Aug 19, 2019, 1:21:47 AM8/19/19
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.

I am new with CESIUM and currently I learn features of this great environment. Some of models (e.g. 3D meshes) are quite confidential, so it is recommended to store it on user's premises. How to arrange the pre-processing of this kind of data?

2. A minimal code example. If you've found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

Well, in code it would not be a problem, but the problem is how to 'tile' the 3D mesh received from drone flight etc.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

This is privacy requirement of prospect users. They don't allow to store their data in the cloud.

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.

The latest - it is a preliminary research.

Omar Shehata

Aug 19, 2019, 11:24:43 AM8/19/19
to cesium-dev
Welcome to the Cesium community Maciej!

All of the tools on the Cesium ion platform are available to run locally on-premise or as part of your own architecture. You can read more about that here: https://cesium.com/3d-tiling-pipeline/. The technical docs are here: https://cesium.com/docs/on-premise/.

You can request an evaluation in this form: https://cesium.com/contact/sales/