By now, is there cesium terrain builder tools or scripts to generate cesium terrain tiles with water mask extension?

giszh...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2019, 11:13:25 AM9/19/19
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.

2. A minimal code example. If you've found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.

Omar Shehata

Sep 19, 2019, 11:54:04 AM9/19/19
to cesium-dev
You should be able to upload your DEM's/terrain data to Cesium ion and get quantized mesh tiles with a water mask. Let me know if you're having trouble with that.

giszh...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2019, 2:39:26 AM9/20/19
to cesium-dev
if i want to use the height map format, how can i generate the terrain tiles with water mask extension?

在 2019年9月19日星期四 UTC+8下午11:54:04,Omar Shehata写道:

Omar Shehata

Sep 20, 2019, 10:31:45 AM9/20/19
to cesium-dev
I stand corrected - it looks like it's possible to do this when uploading assets via the REST API, but it's not exposed as a button. I opened a feature request here:

Can you tell me more about your use case here? Is the terrain you're trying to upload cover large parts of the ocean for example, or more like local bodies of water (rivers/lakes etc) ?