Can I activate camera to go underground again?

mholt...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2020, 2:50:31 AM2/4/20
to cesium-dev
In https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/pull/8504 for Cesium v1.66 a "bug" was fixed, where the camera could go underground during mouse navigation.

As I use Cesium to display geological layers below the earth's surface I have to go with the camera under the ground.
Is it possible to activate this functionality again?

Omar Shehata

Feb 5, 2020, 3:53:08 PM2/5/20
to cesium-dev
The old behavior only allowed the camera to go underground while the terrain tiles were still loading. Was that a sufficient condition to always enable you to go underground in your app?

You can actually just disable terrain collision in the camera controller, so you can move freely underground:

viewer.scene.screenSpaceCameraController.enableCollisionDetection = false;

mholt...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2020, 6:54:42 AM2/6/20
to cesium-dev
At some situations it was possible to move the camera underground, yes.
But the disabling of CollsionDetection works fine, thanks.