Refinement question

cgu...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2020, 10:14:51 AM2/6/20
to cesium-dev
1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.
I have a tileset containing a hierarchy of 3 tiles : root -> child -> granchild.
I have 3 different models - let's call them "big", "medium" and "small".
"big" should be visible in the root tile, "medium" in the child tile, and "small" in the grand-child tile.
I generated 3 b3dm files, one for each model, and associated them to the corresponding level in the tileset, and used the "ADD" refine mode.
-> It works fine.

Now, I have more detailed versions of my "big" and "medium" models, and I want them to appear in the grand-child tile instead of the base models.
-> I replaced the "grand-child.b3dm" with a b3dm that contains the "small" model + the detailed versions of "big" and "medium"
-> The root tile still has "ADD" refine mode, as "child" will add more data to it
-> The child tile now has "REPLACE" refine mode, as "grand-child" should replace its content.

When fully zoomed in, I correctly see the "small" model + the detailed version of the "medium" model.
However, for the "big" model, I can see both the base version, and the detailed one: it seems that the grand-child tile replaced the content of the child tile, but not of the root tile. Is it the intended behaviour ?

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.
I have buildings with low-res and hi-res models. When seen from afar, I want only of the low-res models of the bigger buildings to be visible, then show more and more buildings (still low-res versions) as I zoom in, thus I want to use ADD refine mode.
Then, when I'm close enough, I want to replace all these low-res models with the hi-res ones. How can this be done ?

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.
Cesium 1.65, Windows 10 / Ubuntu 18.04, Chrome 76 / FF 72

Thanks for your help !