Computer Science Impact Talk

Clare

Jun 18, 2024, 10:03:27 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to CESI-list

The CS Impact team would like to invite you to our talk.

CS Impact Report: Presenting the Findings
Thursday, 20th June 2024, 12:00-13:00
T2-001 (Tierney building) and online through Zoom.

This presentation will report on the findings of the CS Impact study. The CS Impact study was conducted to better understand students’ experiences of Leaving Certificate Computer Science. The Leaving Certificate Computer Science subject was introduced in Ireland in 2018. It was initially introduced in 40 pilot school and has now grown and is currently delivered as an optional subject in approximately 220 schools. Given its recent introduction, it was important to understand the students’ experiences and perspectives of the subject, its uptake among students and how the subject was being delivered in Irish classrooms. The study employed a qualitative methodology, which provided in-depth insights into the students' learning experiences.
A report was produced documenting the findings and outlining the key messages. Read the report here https://lero.ie/sites/default/files/CS_Impact_Report.pdf

Join our project team members who will be presenting the findings of the study.
Project team:
Joyce Borges, Lero/University of Limerick
Dr Clare McInerney, Lero/University of Limerick
Prof Oliver McGarr, University of Limerick
Prof Chris Exton, Lero/University of Limerick
Brian Harkin, Lero/University of Limerick

If you would like to attend this talk, please register here https://forms.office.com/e/APfZ8ApAku