EU Code Week hackathon

Pam O Brien

May 25, 2023, 4:20:10 AM5/25/23
to CESI-list

Hi all

The EU Code Week initiative aims to promote coding and digital literacy activities for all. The Code Week Hackathon has been introduced by the European Commission team.  Julie and I, as the EU Code Week Ambassadors for Ireland, are delighted that we have been chosen as one of the six countries in which the hackathon will run this year.

The national hackathon is aimed at Transition Year students and will run over the 3 days  from lunchtime on Monday 25th through to the afternoon of Wednesday 27th September. The hackathon will run in hybrid form with the activities on Monday and Tuesday taking place online and the pitching taking place onsite in Microsoft DreamSpace on Wednesday. During the hackathon, teams of 5 students will analyse the proposed challenge, design and prototype a technology-powered solution addressing it, and then pitch it to a jury of experts. The winners of the national hackathon will represent Ireland at European level during CodeWeek.

We will be gathering expressions of interest in early September.

As always if you have queries please don't hesitate to get in touch

Regards

Pam & Julie

EU Code Week Ambassadors