Senso

Catherine Ballance

Sep 12, 2022, 2:42:08 PM9/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Our primary school has just purchased a set of Chromebooks and received a free subscription to Senso as a result.  Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to whether we should proceed or not - I am a bit at sea here and would welcome some feedback.

Thanks,
Catherine

Paul de Lacy

Sep 13, 2022, 7:33:10 AM9/13/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catherine,

Is this what you are referring to? https://senso.cloud/gb/

I hadn't heard of it but it looks interesting.  I imagine some of what it offers would be free via Google Workspace administration tools anyway?  Are you set up to use Google Workspace for staff and pupils?

I would love to hear what others have to say.

Regards

Paul

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CALHS10nYT%3Df5DA03byEC6JLb8NETSFYJ9Z-AqjqTpMxkBvf%3DcA%40mail.gmail.com.

Catherine Ballance

Sep 13, 2022, 11:50:07 AM9/13/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Paul,

Yes - that's it.  We are already using G-Suite so as you said, we don't really need a lot of is being offered - I just wanted to know if other schools had opted to subscribe and if so, why.

Catherine

Rickie O Keeffe

Sep 13, 2022, 12:59:06 PM9/13/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catherine,
We started using Senso this year , we previously had GoGuardian which was only suitable for chromebooks , we would have a mix of pcs and chromebooks . There are 2 prices depending on what you want it to do. We use it as a monitoring software while students are on chromebooks or pcs. I am based in a secondary school, if you can contact me off forum if you wish at rickie...@scoilmhuirekanturk.ie
Regards Rickie

Sean Carolan

Sep 14, 2022, 4:44:35 AM9/14/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catherine,

I'm unfamiliar with Senso, but it seems to offer device management.

As others have said, this same feature set is available natively in your Workspace admin panel, but the chromebooks would first need to be enrolled. To enroll a chromebook, you first need to purchase a management licence for the device, so I guess senso is offering a free alternative. Once enrolled with Workspace, you can enforce 200+ different policies on the device, such as sign-in restrictions, auto installing apps, etc.

I'm happy to have a call to discuss this in more detail if you'd like.

Kind regards,

Sean Carolan
Technical Account Manager, Tantech

The information in this message and any attachment(s) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee only and any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If this message is received in error, the sender should be notified and the message and any attachment(s) deleted. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard copy version. Company: Tangerine Technology Limited T/A Tantech, Company Number: 357794 Ireland. VAT number IE6377794B

Catherine Ballance

Sep 14, 2022, 10:43:40 AM9/14/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all your advice.