Hotmail accounts not playing nicely with Google Mailing list?

Colm O Riain

Jan 29, 2021, 6:54:57 AM1/29/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

 I am tearing my hair out with Google mailing list and Hotmail account not accepting emails! This year I created class mailing lists using Google Groups.  They seemed to work well but recently Hotmail accounts have not been accepting males from the group. it doesn't seem to be related to a parent’s safe sending list - and they don’t appear to be in the Junk folder - it’s taking place on all types of devices and through the microsoft Web Platform as well.

I’m baffled - has anyone else had this issue (and resolved it?) I’m at the stage that I can’t work out a durable fix with the dummy account and mailing I’ve created - no chance of giving advice to parents regarding the settings on the web platform.

*Personal rant* Microsoft never seems to make anything easy!

A. Ryan

Jan 29, 2021, 7:20:37 AM1/29/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I thought hotmail was abandoned in favour of Outlook years ago after email accounts were hacked !

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAAo42bJ0KJW5yeJvDXWv%3D6xf_1OBKjgXHUeE3KAhBPca9mvbxw%40mail.gmail.com.

Colm O Riain

Feb 3, 2021, 4:56:27 AM2/3/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
OK - In case anyone has this issue, I managed to work out the answer myself.
Hotmail Accounts are suspicious of mailing lists by default. The Parents on the mailing list have to change their junk email settings however.

This was what I sent out to affected parents

Steps

1            Sign in to your Hotmail account you have to change the settings for.

2            Paste this link into the address bar

https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/options/mail/junkEmail

4            Add schoolname.ie to the safe domain (input it and press enter)

6            Save your Changes.

Did a wee video to go with it for the less IT savvy.