Minecraft

Nicholas Handy

Jan 31, 2023, 4:52:25 PM1/31/23
to cesi-list
Hi all,

I wonder if there is any Primary School on here or that you might be aware of that are incorporating Minecraft into school or involved in project with other schools.  I'm looking for information on same.

Thanks.

Nick

Nicholas Handy
Alias It's Handy Nick
Dublin
Message has been deleted

Maire Cronin

Feb 1, 2023, 3:50:05 AM2/1/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,
Feel free to email me re Minecraft in primary setting.

Best wishes,
Máire Cronin

On 31 Jan 2023, at 21:52, Nicholas Handy <tishan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAMW1Mh0i8Z%2BP%3DeE35q5kTgfNj0-%3DPx-002nDfJgjmMyd6vmuWQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Sean Murphy

Feb 1, 2023, 4:22:48 AM2/1/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I have some resources on teaching Minecraft on my website which you may find helpful.

Nicholas Handy

Feb 1, 2023, 6:05:37 AM2/1/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Maire,

Wonder can you say what part of country you are situated.

Thanks

Nick

Nicholas Handy
Alias It's Handy Nick
Dublin

Mike Carter

Feb 2, 2023, 4:42:19 AM2/2/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Look up Stephen Reid bSed in Edinburgh on Linked In works for Microsoft and is involved with esports but he has done amazing things with Minecraft.
Here is his Facebook page

Mike

Maire Cronin

Feb 2, 2023, 7:42:06 AM2/2/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Of course. We are Kilcoole PS in Wicklow.

Best wishes,
Máire Cronin

Sean Flanagan

May 10, 2023, 8:33:27 AM5/10/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Coming back to this thread again. Has any Google Workspace primary school used Minecraft? Can I ask how your students login? Have you connected Google accounts with Microsoft or do you have separate accounts setup?

Sean

P McCarthy

May 10, 2023, 10:42:45 AM5/10/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I bought a personal license using my own Microsoft account so I can use it with my class but unless you use Microsoft workspace in your school it doesn’t seem easy to set up.

Here’s the email they sent me when I ask them the same question:

If you already have Office365 in your school

Option 1:  Microsoft Education Store

  • Log into your Education Store athttps://educationstore.microsoft.com . You must log in with your Office365 administrator account.
  • Purchase with a credit or debit card. Assign the licences to your staff and students or select the option to auto-claim a licence when you first log-in to Minecraft. When using that option, a student can install the game, log in and one license is deducted from the total until all are used.

Option 2: Work with a Microsoft Licencing Partner

  • Work with your licencing partner to acquire the licences you need. Recommended partners include,ComputexPCPWriggle Learning They will acquire the licences for you, assign them to students and bill the school directly.

If you do not have Office365 in your school

Option 1: Set up an Office 365 environment

  • Set up a new Office 365 environment by following the “get started” link here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/education/products/office . You should add your school domain so you will be eligible for education licences. Then follow the guidance above.
  • If you already have Google Workspace or some other platform for your email, you do not need to set up the email portion of Office365. You can set it up just to gain access to Minecraft: Education Edition.

Option 2: Work with a Microsoft EducationPartner

  • Work with a Microsoft Education partner to set up Office365 for you and acquire the licences you need. Recommended partners include, ComputexPCPWriggle. They will set up Office365 for you, acquire the licences for you, assign them to students and bill the school directly.

If you are an ETB-managed school

  • Under your ETB Microsoft licencing agreement, Minecraft: Education Edition is available to you at no additional cost. Please contact your ETB IT support for more details.

Steve Doyle

May 10, 2023, 3:57:07 PM5/10/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Can someone give me a fool proof way of learning about craft. How does it work exactly?
Thank you

Sean Flanagan

May 10, 2023, 4:54:57 PM5/10/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi P,

Thanks for the advice. I must check out some of that.

Sean