FREE Code Club - Code Along With Live Sessions

Darren at Code Club

Sep 14, 2021, 12:24:52 PM9/14/21
to Darren Bayliss
Good Afternoon,

I hope that the new school year finds you and your pupils well and that you are all settling back into what will hopefully be a more normal school year.

I am reaching out to invite you, along with other registered Code Club leaders, to a unique series of sessions designed to help you reestablish your Code Club.

Starting on Thursday  23 September at 11 am, I will be facilitating six weeks of online Code Along With sessions. These sessions will focus on NEW Code Club Scratch learning pathways.

These sessions will allow your young learners to code along and learn to code with me. However, that’s not all! I have also designed these sessions to train you as the teacher to feel comfortable supporting these materials with your club.

In addition to the six online sessions, I am also running a Teacher Training/Wrap up session to answer any questions you may have from the previous six weeks and to introduce you to the next pathway to explore with your Code Club.

The Code Along With sessions are open to all schools, and the only requirement for participation is that your school is registered with Code Club and will continue to run the club after the initial sessions.

As part of the FREE registration process with Code Club, you will be asked for the details of a safeguarding sponsor. The safeguarding sponsor is an additional member of staff at your school, such as a headteacher or child protection lead. Top tips for your club application are:

  1. Remember not to put yourself down as the safeguarding sponsor

  2. Ensure you use their professional email (not a personal Gmail account or a generic info@ email address etc.), so it is easier to see they work at the school

To register your school/class for the Code Along With sessions, please complete this form by no later than Friday 17 September.

Kind Regards
Darren Bayliss
Programme Coordinator - Ireland
Code Club / CoderDojo

Raspberry Pi Foundation

UK registered charity 1129409

*NEW* Want to Chat? *NEW*
Got a question about setting up/running a Code Club then feel free to book a friendly call.  (max 15 mins)

Got a query? Try our Knowledge Base
Follow me on Twitter
Find out who else is going and join the conversation on Facebook.

Nicholas Condon

Sep 14, 2021, 4:33:35 PM9/14/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

Are these classes targeted at primary level?

I have first years that might find this interesting.

What would they need to be connected to to follow?

You were in with me before a life time ago before Covid.  Hope you are well

Nick Condon

St Wolstan's Celbridge

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAHnXtYfgbazpycP5txWKeSR0-tQKAb-%3DZekriBVRdg2XCV5R5w%40mail.gmail.com.

Darren at Code Club

Sep 15, 2021, 2:26:54 AM9/15/21
to CESI-list
Nick,

They would also be ideal for 1st-year students as we will be covering some of the new Scratch pathways we are launching in the coming weeks.

I ran these also last term, and essentially, you pop me up on the whiteboard in the classroom, and I guide them through each step.

Kind Regards
Darren Bayliss
Programme Coordinator - Ireland
Code Club / CoderDojo

Raspberry Pi Foundation

UK registered charity 1129409

*NEW* Want to Chat? *NEWIf you haveot a question about setting up/running a Code Cl, feelel free to book a friendly call.  (max 15 mins)