Teaching Council - phishing email?

Una Leader

Apr 27, 2022, 11:01:18 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Has anyone else received strange email appearing to be from the Teaching Council saying ‘A Chara, thank you for your email. This mailbox is not monitored please forward you email to……  for a response.

I did not email the Teaching Council at any point and have received the email I have described twice already today.

Could anyone advise, is this a phishing type email?

I did not click on link/email address and deleted the email.

Thanks

Una

This e-mail message is CONFIDENTIAL. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. This email, including any attachments, may contain information which is privileged, confidential, or protected from disclosure within the meaning of applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorised dissemination, use, disclosure, publication, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender, immediately delete the e-mail, and do not read, copy, distribute, share, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by Cork City Council. It is the policy of Cork City Council to have any attachments checked by a virus scanner. Please ensure that you also scan all messages. E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, and unauthorized amendment. Cork City Council does not accept any liability for contamination or damage to your systems or for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments. It is the addressee's responsibility to ensure this email and any attachments are virus free.

Yvonne Nolan

Apr 27, 2022, 11:06:08 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Three already this afternoon.

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/DBAP193MB11302C2923560927AF0F451EF4FA9%40DBAP193MB1130.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Gráinne Ni Dhuinnín

Apr 27, 2022, 11:08:10 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Una,

I received the same email in the last 20mins. Again I did not email them.

Kind regards,

Gráinne

Technology Kishoge

Apr 27, 2022, 11:08:58 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Teaching council had a massive data breach a while back so this might be the start of it (https://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/news-events/latest-news/2020/statement-regarding-data-breach.html)

--
Micheal Griffin

I.C.T. coordinator,
Kishoge Community College,
Ninth Lock Road,
Lucan,
Co. Dublin

olga foley

Apr 27, 2022, 11:09:50 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
HI, I received this email today as well and did not email The Teaching Council so I  believe it is a scam.

Apr 27, 2022, 11:10:24 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Yes!!!! Three in the last hour , just went on Twitter and googling it to see what the story is ! 😡😡

Apr 27, 2022, 11:16:39 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Yes two this afternoon. Deleted.

Best wishes,
Máire Cronin

Ann-Marie Lavery

Apr 27, 2022, 11:25:38 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation on this - just posted on Facebook!

Miriam Walsh

Apr 27, 2022, 11:29:30 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Apparently a systems update. 🙄 at least we all now know they don’t monitor their mailbox

Sent from my iPhone

Fiona Darcy (Sallynoggin CFE)

Apr 27, 2022, 11:45:20 AM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I got the same email and ignored.

Fiona

Fiona D’Arcy
Sallynoggin College of Further Education

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

John Pettey

Apr 27, 2022, 12:00:39 PM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Yep. Got one of those. Have contacted Teaching Council

On Wed 27 Apr 2022 at 16:01, Una Leader <una_l...@corkcity.ie> wrote:
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/DBAP193MB11302C2923560927AF0F451EF4FA9%40DBAP193MB1130.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Cork College of FET – Mallow Campus

(formerly Mallow College of Further Education)

West End, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51 P732

+353-22-43309

MallowCampus.ie - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Linkedin- YouTube

A campus of Cork ETB. Registered Charity Number: 20083274.

Note: If you receive this email outside of your normal working hours, you are not expected to address the email until you return to work.

nicola barry-hale

Apr 27, 2022, 12:12:55 PM4/27/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I got it as well. I am in the middle of the revetting process and thought it was that. But didn’t follow the link as I was work. Thanks that’s good to know.

Sent from my iPhone

Joan Maguire

Apr 28, 2022, 7:30:56 AM4/28/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Thank you , I was just about to contact my mail host to see if my email was sending out spam.

Joan

[...]
Joan Maguire MSC FICS
Dykegate Street,
Dingle,