Hdmi switcher

rickieokeeffe

May 17, 2024, 7:53:35 AMMay 17
to CESI-list
Hi , I may be looking for the impossible, I know that I can do it with with different adapters but i am hoping to avoid that as in my experience they disappear. I currently use a 4 port vga switch with adapters. I am looking for a switch that has either a hdmi output with a hdmi input, an usb2/3 input and an usb c input  or  a hdmi output with 2 hdmi inputs, an usb2/3 input .
Regards Rickie O Keeffe

Greg Ashe

May 17, 2024, 10:01:00 AMMay 17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
When you say switch - you mean a rotary selector switch?

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

 Glenstal Abbey School       Glenstal Abbey

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 12:53, rickieokeeffe <rickie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi , I may be looking for the impossible, I know that I can do it with with different adapters but i am hoping to avoid that as in my experience they disappear. I currently use a 4 port vga switch with adapters. I am looking for a switch that has either a hdmi output with a hdmi input, an usb2/3 input and an usb c input  or  a hdmi output with 2 hdmi inputs, an usb2/3 input .
Regards Rickie O Keeffe

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/751b0eb7-1e73-41a8-ac9a-f86ad3a604b5n%40googlegroups.com.

NB Disclaimer Important: ​
Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of Glenstal Abbey. If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the sender, and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system.  You are requested to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. The author and Glenstal Abbey accept no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses, malware or malicious software.
​

CHY: 4001 I Charity Reg No: 20005283

Please consider the environment before printing this email.​

Rickie O Keeffe

May 17, 2024, 10:22:53 AMMay 17
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,
The vga switch that I have at the moment is a simple push button to select the device that displays from the projector . I am looking for something similar so that the devices can be left plugged in and just push/ move a switch to select the device that displays from the projector rather than switching leads . I know that I can do it with a HDMI switcher and adapters ,just wondering if there was something available with the inputs to output that I listed.
Regards Rickie

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAO3QJDt5oPRywa1w1F8JDdVf5KM5DvdjB0oW4XWhYo6upkGHxw%40mail.gmail.com.

Stephen McCullagh

May 18, 2024, 7:11:25 AMMay 18
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rickie

Kind regards
Stephen

Sean Carolan

May 18, 2024, 7:11:25 AMMay 18
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Rickie,

Are you looking for some sort of KVM switch for switching peripherals (screen, mouse, keyboard, etc) between two different computers? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Kind regards,

Sean Carolan
Technical Account Manager, Tantech

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 12:53, rickieokeeffe <rickie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi , I may be looking for the impossible, I know that I can do it with with different adapters but i am hoping to avoid that as in my experience they disappear. I currently use a 4 port vga switch with adapters. I am looking for a switch that has either a hdmi output with a hdmi input, an usb2/3 input and an usb c input  or  a hdmi output with 2 hdmi inputs, an usb2/3 input .
Regards Rickie O Keeffe

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/751b0eb7-1e73-41a8-ac9a-f86ad3a604b5n%40googlegroups.com.

The information in this message and any attachment(s) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee only and any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If this message is received in error, the sender should be notified and the message and any attachment(s) deleted. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard copy version. Company: Tangerine Technology Limited T/A Tantech, Company Number: 357794 Ireland. VAT number IE6377794B

Joe Halpin

May 18, 2024, 7:11:25 AMMay 18
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Sorry Rickie I still am not sure exactly what “inputs” and what “outputs” you need. You say

HDMI Output with HDMI Input

USB2/3 Input with USB C Input

HDMI Output with 2 x HDMI Inputs

USB2/3 Input to  ??

Am I correct in thinking you want to select different Inputs to HDMI output for a Projector?

Kindest regards

Joe Halpin

Comdex Technology

Oldtown

Johnstown

Navan

Co. Meath

C15CY68

Phone 046 9077086

Email  jha...@comdex.ie

Irelands cheapest source for Interactive Panels and Projectors

Thank you for supporting local Irish jobs

“My working day may not match yours so please do feel you have to respond outside of your normal working hours”

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 15:01, Greg Ashe <g...@glenstal.com> wrote:

When you say switch - you mean a rotary selector switch?

Gregory Ashe

IT Manager

Image removed by sender. Glenstal Abbey School      Image removed by sender. Glenstal Abbey

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 12:53, rickieokeeffe <rickie...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi , I may be looking for the impossible, I know that I can do it with with different adapters but i am hoping to avoid that as in my experience they disappear. I currently use a 4 port vga switch with adapters. I am looking for a switch that has either a hdmi output with a hdmi input, an usb2/3 input and an usb c input  or  a hdmi output with 2 hdmi inputs, an usb2/3 input .

Regards Rickie O Keeffe

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/751b0eb7-1e73-41a8-ac9a-f86ad3a604b5n%40googlegroups.com.

Image removed by sender.

[...]

~WRD000.jpg

Sean Carolan

May 21, 2024, 7:12:35 AMMay 21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Rickier,

+1 to Stephen's suggestion.

From what I understand you have two computers that you want to share between one projector. You'll need to switch the display (HDMI) and its peripherals like mouse and keyboard (USB). If that's the case, you want a KVM switch like the one linked below.

Kind regards,

Sean Carolan
Technical Account Manager, Tantech

John Pettey

May 21, 2024, 7:15:43 AMMay 21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Would a wireless/hdmi dongle on the projector and share the screen using the inbuilt Microsoft stuff be an answer?

Regards
John

MallowCampus.ie - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Linkedin- YouTube

Day Courses on offer in Mallow Campus and Charleville Centre.

Click here to check out all courses on offer for 2024-25

Note: If you receive this email outside of your normal working hours, you are not expected to address the email until you return to work.