ineo+ 450i printer

yvonne

Sep 9, 2022, 4:29:10 AM9/9/22
to cesi-list
Hi everyone,
Up to now our school has printers that require no teacher code for collecting printed material. We are thinking of getting the printer above which will send stuff to individual folders & then require everybody to enter a code to print off stuff.
We are  wondering how this has worked in other schools?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Yvonne Curran

Hassan Dabbagh

Sep 9, 2022, 5:05:30 AM9/9/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
This system is a great way to go, as well as printing to folders and a holding spot (this is where the job is sent to the printer and the teacher puts in a code and the job comes out) also scan to print as well as scan to email, where the job gets emailed from the scanner to its destination is a great feature. it also stops accidental print jobs, where someone sends the full works of Milton to the printer.

Hassan Dabbagh
Network Administrator
Irish Community Archive Network
National Museum of Ireland
Turlough Park
Castlebar
Co. Mayo
087 9044716

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAE9-azUM6UCC-prpV174ef2Oxs7S7CuOu0DCDhj8u%2B4VoMwBNA%40mail.gmail.com.

Chris Reina

Sep 9, 2022, 5:40:35 AM9/9/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Forgot to mention...

These types of printers almost always require a driver to be installed locally (as opposed to just going to HP/Epson, etc.) and downloading from the internet.

Make sure you have a copy of the driver from the installer and ask the to install and setup machine on the network.

Also - in my experience it's best to use a fixed IP address for the printer and install this way (rather than DHCP)

Chris

Greg Ashe

Sep 9, 2022, 9:44:12 AM9/9/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Papercut can be a cost effective way of managing your printers

Off course if you have off-the-glass printers/copiers it can be more challenging to authenticate

We use Papercut in conjunction with swipe cards (which we encode and print in-house).
It integrates nicely with Google Drive too so when a teacher swipes it knows which Google account to associate with.

Desktop MFC devices can scan to a folder or to email

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

NB Disclaimer Important: ​
Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of Glenstal Abbey. If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the sender, and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system.  You are requested to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. The author and Glenstal Abbey accept no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses, malware or malicious software.
​

CHY: 4001 I Charity Reg No: 20005283

Please consider the environment before printing this email.​

yvonne

Sep 9, 2022, 11:53:43 AM9/9/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for that very useful information.
Have a good weekend.
Regards, Yvonne

Joe Halpin

Sep 9, 2022, 6:02:00 PM9/9/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Yvonne

An excellent machine. I assume you are getting it installed and setup on  an MPS with secure printing.

Make sure there is no MINIMUM page count and you might also check if you must continue to pay during the Summer when the school is closed.

Kindest regards

Joe Halpin

Comdex Technology

Oldtown

Johnstown

Navan

Co. Meath

C15CY68

Phone 046 9077086

Email  jha...@comdex.ie

Thank you for supporting local Irish jobs

Image removed by sender.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAO3QJDtY2VKwQsZC73oS6AmATv%3DxNTDknaiP0m_ABRGRarQvxw%40mail.gmail.com.

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.

~WRD000.jpg

yvonne

Sep 12, 2022, 10:20:57 AM9/12/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com