ITiCSE Teacher Grant Programme

Keith Quille

May 14, 2022, 2:53:52 PM5/14/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

ITiCSE Teacher Grant Programme

AWS InCommunities Scholarship ProgramGoogle-Logo - The Red Road Foundation

For the first time in the history of ITiCSE, we are proud to announce the Teacher Grant Programme, funded by an industry collaboration between AWS in communities and Google. This programme aims to support teachers to attend the 27th annual conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE). The ACM ITiCSE conference is sponsored by the ACM Special  Interest Group on Computing Education (SIGCSE), in collaboration with the ACM Europe Council, and Informatics Europe. ITiCSE 2022 will take place in Dublin, Ireland, hosted by University College Dublin (UCD), with support from the Technological University of Dublin (TU Dublin). The main conference will take place on 11-13th July.  Please visit https://iticse.acm.org/2022/ for additional details and the programme.

The Teacher Grant Programme:

ITiCSE is pleased to offer scholarships to support teachers who could not otherwise attend the 2022 conference due to funding limitations.  Thanks to the generous support of AWS InCommunities and Google, we are able to offer financial support to cover:  registration fees, excursion and banquet costs (allowing teachers to not only experience the conference but to network and discuss a wide range of topics with some of the world's leading computing educationalists).

Who can apply?

Any teacher, working in a school in Ireland (primary, secondary, PLC, VTOS) is eligible to apply for this grant programme. ITiCSE will award as many grants as possible to help deserving teachers join this excellent learning opportunity and will give priority consideration to:

-          First-time conference attendees

-          Teachers who teach underrepresented students in CS

-          Teachers from the AWS In Communities priority locations – Tallaght, Blanchardstown, Clonsaugh, Drogheda.

-          Teachers from the Google Education Task Force schools (Ringsend and Pearse Street in Dublin)

How to apply?

To apply, simply fill in the following application form https://forms.office.com/r/xmxMNad0NZ , on or before the 30th of May. Successful applicants will be notified by the 6th of June.

If I am accepted, what are my obligations?

I am expected to attend the conference, and if I have to travel to the conference, I will need to arrange my transport and accommodation, see https://iticse.acm.org/2022/attendees/accommodation/ for the official list of accommodations.

Thank you,

Keith Quille

ITiCSE co-chair, ITiCSE Supporter Liaison

Dr Keith Quille
Department of Computing
Tallaght Campus

– 353 (0)1 220 7935 – tudublin.iekeithquille.comCSinc.ie

OT Baile Átha Cliath - Campas Thamlachta D24 FKT9, Éire
TU Dublin - Tallaght Campus D24 FKT9, Ireland

TU Dublin is a registered charity RCN 20204754

            Please do not feel obliged to respond to my emails outside of your working hours.

                        Image       ITiCSE 2022

This email originated from TU Dublin. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system. Please note that if you are not the named addressee, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based on the contents of this email or attachments is prohibited.

Is ó OT Baile Átha Cliath a tháinig an ríomhphost seo. Má fuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid, scrios de do chóras é le do thoil. Tabhair ar aird, mura tú an seolaí ainmnithe, go bhfuil dianchosc ar aon nochtadh, aon chóipeáil, aon dáileadh nó ar aon ghníomh a dhéanfar bunaithe ar an ábhar atá sa ríomhphost nó sna hiatáin seo.

Is carthanas cláraithe í OT Baile Átha Cliath
TU Dublin is a registered charity RCN 20204754

Seán Ó Sé

Jul 11, 2022, 11:25:06 AM7/11/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, I won't be able to attend the conference. I have been called for interview in a school tomorrow.
Sorry for the late notice.

Regards
Seán

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/DBAPR05MB710984DCB8E719EC18CCAE6E9CCD9%40DBAPR05MB7109.eurprd05.prod.outlook.com.

--
Seán Ó Sé
Scoil Chrónáin