Opinions wanted!!

gmo...@cocoon.education

May 18, 2022, 12:01:33 PM5/18/22
to CESI-list
Hi everyone

We are looking for some techy teachers to join a small digital learning project we are running during May and June this year.  Preferably you will have some non-techy teachers in your school to join the project also.  There will of course be no charge to your school, just free stuff.

What will it involve? We want to help schools in Ireland improve digital learning opportunities.  Our schools are supported with student-led learning portals for coding, creative media, Google Workspace or Microsoft 365, device usage and other core skills.  We want to give completely free access for 2-3 teachers in your school for 2 weeks.  Ideally, the teachers will include teacher(s) with low skills and confidence for digital learning as well as teacher(s) that are confident with digital learning.

Why both groups of teacher? We want to get your feedback for less confident teachers to see the general improvement in digital learning during the short two week period, and we want to get your feedback on the differentiation opportunities provided to your more confident teachers.  Simple :)

What support will you receive? We will set all your accounts up, meet with you and your teachers at the start, middle and end of the two weeks.  We'll also be here to help at any time if you or your teachers have any questions (big or small!) during the project.

How do you apply to join? We are looking for a small number of schools to join, and would like to have everyone up and running by 27th May at the latest - so please email me directly on ga...@olusedu.com as soon as possible with a very brief overview of the staff that will be participating (e.g. 3 teachers will be joining: one very confident, one does a little digital learning, one doesn't use technology at all).  We are keeping numbers strictly limited, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.  We'll get back to you right away with all relevant details.

Will it be fun? Absolutely!

We look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks

Gavin