US CS research survey - it only takes 10 minutes!

Keith Quille

Sep 7, 2021, 5:54:51 AM9/7/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

    Below was a call for CS or CT teachers to fill in a ten-minute survey, the work of Monica and her team is amazing, and if you could spare ten minutes that would be so helpful!!

----Original email----

We are conducting an international study to gain an understanding of the problems that K-12 teachers face when teaching computer science or computational thinking. Our goal is to share this knowledge with education researchers so they can hear directly from teachers the problems that need to be studied and solved. This data will be used to create a database of problems of practice that will help us create informative, two-page documents (called teacher practice briefs) for the CSTA to share with teachers in the future.

We are particularly interested in including the input from teachers in Ireland

The survey can be found here and the attached document has additional details about the survey. The survey only takes about 10 minutes. Those who complete the survey can also enter a drawing for up to $10USD (50 available).

Anni Reinking, Ed.D., CSEdResearch.org, USA

Michelle Friend, Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Omaha, USA

Monica McGill, Ed.D., CSEdResearch.org, USA

P.S. If 50 or more teachers from Ireland complete the survey, we will be sending a report of the results to several educational researchers in Ireland to help them know what teachers in Ireland would like them to study. Please help us reach our goal!

---End---

Kind regards,

Keith Quille

Dr Keith Quille
Department of Computing
Tallaght Campus

– 353 (0)1 220 7935 – tudublin.iekeithquille.comCSinc.ie

OT Baile Átha Cliath - Campas Thamlachta D24 FKT9, Éire
TU Dublin - Tallaght Campus D24 FKT9, Ireland

TU Dublin is a registered charity RCN 20204754

                        Image       ITiCSE 2022

This email originated from TU Dublin. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system. Please note that if you are not the named addressee, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based on the contents of this email or attachments is prohibited.

Is ó OT Baile Átha Cliath a tháinig an ríomhphost seo. Má fuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid, scrios de do chóras é le do thoil. Tabhair ar aird, mura tú an seolaí ainmnithe, go bhfuil dianchosc ar aon nochtadh, aon chóipeáil, aon dáileadh nó ar aon ghníomh a dhéanfar bunaithe ar an ábhar atá sa ríomhphost nó sna hiatáin seo.

Is carthanas cláraithe í OT Baile Átha Cliath
TU Dublin is a registered charity RCN 20204754