Interactive Whiteboard Query

Susan Johnson

Mar 15, 2023, 7:14:41 AM3/15/23
to CESI-list
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what aspect the interactive whiteboards tend to be in Irish classrooms these days? -  i.e. widescreen/16x9, or traditional/4x3?

If other devices are used, would they tend to be tablet or laptop - and are those 16x9 or 4x3?

We're looking at designing prototype games for display on interactive whiteboard. It's our understanding that a lot of older whiteboards were 4x3 and are possibly still used. So if we're developing new resources with a lifespan of say 5 years, perhaps we should move to 16x9.

Thanks a million,
Susan

Chris Reina

Mar 21, 2023, 6:21:11 PM3/21/23
to 'brendangreallycork' via CESI-list
Hi Susan,

Certainly previously the aspect ratio was 4:3 for boards (and still is for a lot of schools)

However - I would speculate that almost every board sold in the last 3-5 years would be a 16:9 ratio.

I think sticking to the 16:9 ratio is a good idea - the only downside really is that if displayed on a screen (projector or computer) that is 16:9, there will be black bars on the top and bottom. (Depending on what you’re using as a development environment - it could be both ratio)!

Cheers,

Chris

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/0b71565a-f5e3-4be0-bf42-647dae271c19n%40googlegroups.com.