CESI Staffroom

Hassan Dabbagh

Nov 8, 2021, 5:22:16 AM11/8/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know I've just finished an interview with Jane McGarrigle who is project officer for the Webwise programme, this ties up our cyber security & cyber safety series of the staffroom done for European Cyber Security month. ( a bit over ... but don't tell anyone) I'll like the episodes below and I'll create a playlist on YouTube / spotify once I get Jane's interview in the bag.

  1. Interview with Vince Sheiverthe’s a Promoter of EDU needs in a cyber security world according to his bio, there's no doubt that he's an expert in his field and we were lucky to get to talk to him.
  2. Tom Lonergan (Our very own Tom, Hi Tom) Speaking of experts, Tom Lonergan from the PDST is the National Coordinator for Technology integration, if it's tech and it's going into a school Tom and the team are the people you need to speak to, we also spoke about the security that's already in place keeping students and teacher safe in schools.
  3. Hani Dabbagh (Yes Yes .... there's another one) NOW on YouTube as well, Hani wrote a blog post about Cyber Security of our minds, once I read the post I knew we wanted to have him on, purely on the basis that we've secured our Networks, We've secured our Laptops but what now about our minds, how do we look after that, this brought in human side of cyber security and how we protect our minds, simply knowing what information you're giving away is the first step. PLUS...... Just Heat the Warehouse.  (You'll get the Hani Dabbagh YouTube Video on our website cesi.ie and on the YouTube
  4. Jane McGarrigle Project officer with the Webwise programme, this was the perfect end to this series because we focused on the human side to Cyber Security and safety in this interview we spoke about the great resources that are available to teacher and students and how Parents are an important part to this equation, I loved this interview because after we spoke about the resources we had a simple message and that was keep the lines of communications open, never be afraid to talk.

I'll have a followup email with Jane's interview next Friday, have a great weekend.

Hassan Dabbagh
087 9044716

John Heffernan

Nov 9, 2021, 2:16:40 PM11/9/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
I have just listened to Vince give another interview on K12 cyber security. Unfortunately, it was not recorded but I have some resources that I felt I should share

Email Security - Jim Siegl - Senior Technologist - Future of Privacy Forum (SLIDES)
Ransomware - Vincent Scheivert  - Director of Technical Strategy - Telos Corporation (SLIDES)
Policies, practice and training - Eujon Anderson - Director of Technology, Troy City Schools (AL) (SLIDES)

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CABGY00VXDhvgJkHz-7QARX7M0eCy2GwP7CZgSiNEczKQR-_JhQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Hassan Dabbagh

Nov 9, 2021, 4:16:52 PM11/9/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John, I'm talking to him next week.

Hassan Dabbagh
087 9044716

John Heffernan

Nov 25, 2021, 6:42:31 AM11/25/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I was on a webinar last night and a US teacher referred to an education specific ransomware attack from last year aimed at teachers where a parent is impersonated by the hacker.

It was a new one on me!!!

John