New Issue of Exploring EdTech Magazine

Tim Lavery

May 28, 2024, 7:57:51 AMMay 28
to CESI-list

Issue 8 of the free Exploring EdTech digital magazine is out now. It would be great to get some feedback here from members of CESI - I have asked before but it would be very helpful to hear opinions, comments and even criticisms!

Issue 8 | Exploring EdTech

The edtech revolution is shifting into overdrive as Claude.ai arrives in Ireland and Google’s Gemini attempts to steal the spotlight from ChatGPT. The EU AI Act was passed, aiming to promote trustworthy AI in education by setting clear guardrails around privacy, bias, oversight, transparency, and safety of systems that could impact students' learning outcomes or opportunities.

Bridging the digital divide still remains a priority, with €50M being made available by the Department of Education to digitally empower all students. Little wonder that major tech giants are striving to control the lucrative edtech market, but it should be remembered that there are many home-grown EdTech solutions that are worth serious consideration for this expenditure.

In this issue, our first feature focuses on Intel's Skills for Innovation (SFI) Platform, a comprehensive framework and platform designed to equip educators with the tools and resources essential for seamlessly integrating technology-infused learning experiences into their curriculum. We explore the various components of the SFI framework, including the Starter Packs, Professional Development courses, and the vibrant SFI Community.

We shine the spotlight on the Junior Entrepreneur Programme (JEP), a remarkable initiative that has provided more than 100,000 primary school pupils in Ireland with the opportunity to experience practical, real-life business learning.

Under their teacher’s guidance, and with the inspiration of a network of nationwide entrepreneurs, children discover their strengths as individuals and as part of a team. They choose, invest in, and produce their own product or service from scratch, all the way to making it available for sale at a school-hosted JEP Showcase Day.

The Junior Entrepreneur Programme is a testament to the transformative power of entrepreneurial education. It’s an initiative that is shaping the future leaders and innovators of Ireland and the world, one classroom at a time.

In addition, we introduce you to the EdTech Ireland Network and its 100+ member companies, who are harnessing the power of technology to shape the future of teaching and learning. We showcase some of the home-grown, innovative Irish EdTech companies and their groundbreaking solutions.

Val Gavin

May 31, 2024, 10:08:49 AMMay 31
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Afternoon Tim

I think Exploring EdTech Magazine is a great resource for school Principals/ IT teachers especially now with greater emphasis on Technology in the classroom, but for some reason the response has been very poor, like a few other companied here on CESI  I had been a contributor to some of the earlier issues  but there was never any feedback; or even as you say criticism, which was very disappointing.

Hopefully your reissuing of the magazine might stir up some interest

Val

Val Gavin Computer Services

Unit 12 MGB

Base Centre

Damastown Road

Dublin 15

0872671234

v...@valgavin.biz

Limerick Office

ATL Technical Services

Turagh

Cappamore

Co Limerick,

cid:image006.jpg@01DA6BD5.ED10D3C0cid:image003.jpg@01DA6BD5.0B5EA8D0 cid:image004.jpg@01DA6BD5.0B5EA8D0

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/95773bc1-1e19-40ee-8b61-59ffb96dc438n%40googlegroups.com.

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg

Mags Amond

Jun 7, 2024, 7:11:58 AMJun 7
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim

My feedback is that it is great to see that you have adopted the CC-By licence on the journals - this makes it ideal for any classroom use for student project research. Nice move! Mags