SchoolBreak Project

Pam O Brien

Aug 26, 2021, 3:44:23 AM8/26/21
to CESI-list
LIT has been involved in the Erasmus+ SchoolBreak project with several other European partners.  The aim of this project is to use collaborative problem-solving to support teamwork, communication skills, and creativity.  This is achieved by using Escape Room style games where the learners piece together information to solve puzzles and beat the game.

As part of this project, we (the LIT team) will be holding a free online multiplier event on Monday 30th August at 7.00pm discussing the project and how these games can be used in education..  You can register to attend at hhttps://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/schoolbreak-eu-project-multiplier-event-tickets-168223313459.

if you have any queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Regards
Pam

Jane O'Loughlin

Aug 26, 2021, 4:33:22 AM8/26/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pam,

Are the games aimed at primary students, secondary or both?

Jane

Jane O'Loughlin

School Librarian

-----

Clongowes Wood College SJ

-----

Clane,

Co Kildare

W91 DN40

Ireland

-----

-----

+ 353 (045) 868 202

-----

 jolou...@clongowes.net

www.clongowes.net

@JJLibraryCWC

Currently reading:

'The Henna Wars' by Adiba Jaigirdar ( Great Reads Award 2021 longlisted)

Recent reads:

'Leonard and Hungry Paul' by Rónán Hession

'Miss Emily' by Nuala O'Connor

Note: Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of Clongowes Wood College S.J. If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the sender and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system.

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/93cd66e4-1eff-4b0a-a3e4-ebe060650993n%40googlegroups.com.

Pam O Brien

Aug 27, 2021, 1:04:40 PM8/27/21
to CESI-list
Jane

There are a number of different resources, some suitable for primary and some for secondary.  Overall the ones we will be showing are probably more geared towards secondary.  However the concept of escape rooms and their use in education is applicable across all levels of education.

if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me.
Regards
Pam

Clare Wallace

Aug 27, 2021, 2:39:34 PM8/27/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Some students in our school road tested some of this a while back and really enjoyed it. Knowing the crew involved safely say this will be a worthwhile event. Thanks for letting us know Pam

Clare

Roisin Beaver

Sep 8, 2021, 6:54:42 AM9/8/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pam,
I'm sorry I am late coming back to you on this.
I would love to try this out with my students in the afterschool code
club (second level)
Am I too late?
Thank you,
Roisin

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 at 08:44, Pam O Brien <pamela...@lit.ie> wrote:

> --
> --
> Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/93cd66e4-1eff-4b0a-a3e4-ebe060650993n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Best wishes,
Roisin