ICT in Education Conference 2023

Chris Reina

May 10, 2023, 6:10:26 AM5/10/23
to CESI-list
Hi CESI tribe!

A quick reminder that the ICT in Education Conference 2023 is happening this coming weekend!

We’d love to see you all there - the overall themes of the Conference this year will be AI in Education and Cybersecurity.

To that end, we have 2x Keynotes:

The Future of Education is Blended – Looking back before we move forward by Michael Hallissy who is a researcher and policy consultant in the field of digital education. He works closely with the Department of Education and The European Commission.

Then we have:

Artificial Intelligence: The New Teacher’s Pet by Niall Larkin who is the Team Leader for Digital Technologies teaching, learning and assessment team (Primary & Post-Primary) for the PDST.

After that - we have some fantastic talks including:

Lego League; web scraping; Google Coach; digital citizenship; PhD Research; teaching AI; the privilege of technology; cyber threats; digital transformation; nurturing curiosity in early learning and rebuilding asynchronous and blended learning.

A full day indeed! (There is also lunch and plenty of time to chat, make face-to-face connections and catch up!)

To finish the day - we have a Capstone Panel discussion around Cyber Security with our guest speaker Ian Chambers, Deputy Commissioner – Head of Regulatory Activity, Data Protection Commission of Ireland.

Also sitting on the panel will be: Tom Davis, Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, TUS; Jennifer Cox, Security Engineering Manager EMEA CSM, Emerging Enterprise CSM & Global Architect teams at Tenable, advocate for Diversity in Tech and David Dalton, Managing Director, IT Systems.

Whew.

If that wasn’t enough for you - we have the traditional MakerMeet on Friday evening where we’ll have hands-on presentations from:
Neil Butler, PDST on ASCII and Hitomezachi Stitching
Aoife Long, MTU on their Cyber Security Escape Room
Richard Millwood, Trinity College Dublin and from OurKidsCode / Dreamspace / Tipperary County Council and lastly (but definitely not least!)
Pam O’Brien from TUS on Originative Origami.

I’ve attached the full programme (with hyperlinks) here.

Get your tickets now! https://bookings.tus.ie/

Many thanks!

Chris

ICTEdu Schedule '23.pdf