Saltar al primer mensaje no leĂ­do

Pat Duffy

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 6:37:0120/9/22
a CESI-List
Hi all
We had an interesting thread here a few years back on digital signage. I'm hoping to re-open the discussion now to see if people have stuck with their suggestions (RiseVision / Google Slides / Screenly.io etc)
Am hoping to get a clean twitter feed with images running fullscreen on a Chromebook connected to a number of large TVs. Risevision does this beautifully, with animations, but apparently won't run on Chromebook
Freeware would be best, but can manage a small budget for this. Currently running Google Slides, which has it's advantages, especially collaboration, but something that pulls a clean social media feed, with no ads or other clutter, would be more conventient

Any suggestions welcome
Pat

Greg Ashe

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 6:58:2320/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
I am running RiseVision on several Chromeboxes so no reason why RV will not run on a CB! Have you tried it?

There is a full screen Twitter template available in RV too.

RV also supports Chromecasts

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAFR6meVPcO%3DHnUmfyQqD5XscUVRfaUMi%2Btg7BQVJkOVmDitKsA%40mail.gmail.com.

NB Disclaimer Important: ​
Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of Glenstal Abbey. If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the sender, and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system.  You are requested to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. The author and Glenstal Abbey accept no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses, malware or malicious software.
​

CHY: 4001 I Charity Reg No: 20005283

Please consider the environment before printing this email.​

Pat Duffy

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 7:03:0920/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Nope Greg, I just took their word for it that it wouldn't work đŸ€Ł(see attached) I'll give it a shot
Thx

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 12.01.26.png

Hassan Dabbagh

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 7:09:4720/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat

I've started deploying (to anyone that wants them) a Pi Solution, it's very straightforward to setup and only has two moving parts :

1) Pi (Full PageOS) can be installed from the Pi imager
2) Kiosk is a cloud based solution that will display on the Pi, which will allow you to edit the content on the go or wherever you have a brower .

Workflow:
1) principal and deputy have their own 3 slide google slides Embedded, (they can edit from their google drive) Very easy to do, open kiosk and choose embed google slides
2) News feed running with news updated also on kiosk app
3) There's more skins that can be loaded as you need them from Kiosk but it's worth a visit and you won't be disappointed .

Caveat : I haven't tried to embed a twitter feed but based on what I can see it would be straight forward.

Hassan Dabbagh
Network Administrator
Irish Community Archive Network
National Museum of Ireland
Turlough Park
Castlebar
Co. Mayo
087 9044716

On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 11:37, Pat Duffy <padraigo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greg Ashe

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 7:47:2420/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
It does work fine - my Chromeboxes are managed and run in Kiosk mode they are all a few years old.

Create a new org unit called RV for your test Chromebook and then apply Kiosk-mode settings to this OU. Once you get it working on the CB you can plug in your TVs.

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

Imogen Bertin

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 7:56:1120/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to report that screenly.io although sophisticated, and largely aimed at commercial markets, has got too expensive. There is a "free" version on Raspberry Pi but after reading the various forums I didn't feel my coding skills were up to it - might be fine for others.

I did manage to get videos running on Screenly via Apple Keynote embedded slides. Our local community centre has not been able to find the budget since Covid, but we still have the Pi and screens, so I'm thinking I'll try Hassan's solution - but ideally I was hoping to run a second screen in the village shop (different location) for community notices - not sure if anyone has achieved dispersed-site signs?

Thanks Pat for re-opening this subject. Has been near the bottom of my "to do" headaches list for a while...

Imogen

--

Reagrove, Minane Bridge, Co. Cork, Ireland P17 KH32
Tel: +353 87 2655261 Email: imo...@ctc.ie

Greg Ashe

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 8:41:1320/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Does the screen in the shop have internet? Or could it have? Then a Chromebox will work just fine with Risevision.

RV licensing 2 displays is about USD 250 for the year

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

Hassan Dabbagh

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 8:44:5120/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
just a quick follow up, when I'm talking about kiosk I'm talking about https://www.kiosk.show NOT the inbuilt kiosk Mode on a laptop.

Hassan Dabbagh
087 9044716

Imogen Bertin

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 8:50:3220/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Greg and Hassan. Risevision is similar in cost to Screenly, then. Though I had to beat them down on price. I'll have a look at Hassan's solution and see if it might work!

Best wishes

Imogen

Greg Ashe

no leĂ­da,
20 sept 2022, 9:11:0020/9/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Also Google Chrome Sign Builder...

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

Pat Duffy

no leĂ­da,
5 oct 2022, 15:49:265/10/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Greg & all
Went with RiseVision, it's great 👌

Greg Ashe

no leĂ­da,
6 oct 2022, 8:04:496/10/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
RV is great - they continue to improve and integration with Google Workspace is good - they have some great templates for pulling in events from Calendar

Gregory Ashe
IT Manager

Andrew Howden

no leĂ­da,
8 oct 2022, 17:22:248/10/22
a cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, We built a digital signage solution for schools that use Google Workspace: https://youtu.be/DBZcbYAc7Jc (https://www.signogic.co.uk/) we'd be happy to give a demo.

It uses an Amazon Firestick as a player, so it is cost-effective to set up and with integration into Google Drive etc. it is very easy to add content.

---
Andrew Howden
Principal Consultant and Director
North27 Limited

Office address (GB): North27 Limited, Innovation Centre, Green Street, Northampton. NN1 1SY

Registered in England, No: 8407259. VAT No: GB 190835196.

Office address (IE): CurricManager Limited, Firhill, Parteen, Co. Clare.
Registered in Ireland, No: 624858.

If you receive this email by mistake, please let us know and/or delete it. Please do not forward it. We believe that it is free of viruses, but even so we cannot be responsible for any electronic infection that it may have acquired.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos