Classroom Management Software

Brian O'Mahony (St. Brogan's College)

Sep 21, 2021, 12:38:18 PM9/21/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I’m looking for suggestions for Classroom Management Software particularly if you are a 1:1 device school with your students? We have used Impero for a number of years but as we move to 1:1 this will be overly expensive. Many thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Le dea-mhéin/Kind Regards,
Brian O ’Mahony

Príomhoide Cúnta, Comhordaitheoir na TFC / Assistant Principal, ICT Coordinator
Coláiste Bhrógáin Naofa / St. Brogan’s College
Cill Bhrógáin / Kilbrogan
Droichead na Banndan / Bandon
Contae Chorcaí / Co. Cork
P72 X259
Teil / Tel: 023 8841120

Chris Reina

Sep 21, 2021, 4:31:57 PM9/21/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Can you provide more info?

What type of devices are you talking about?

iPads, PCs, Chromebooks - a mix of all?

Also - what do you want to do with the management? Track devices, remotely wipe and/or install apps / update OS?

Feel free to drop me an email directly if you like.

Cheers,

Chris
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/DB6PR10MB1799D0CB1370B04FDCF4B01B81A19%40DB6PR10MB1799.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

John Pettey

Sep 22, 2021, 4:03:55 AM9/22/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian

You might look at Veyon - free and open source.

Regards
John Pettey

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/DB6PR10MB1799D0CB1370B04FDCF4B01B81A19%40DB6PR10MB1799.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

https://furthereducationcollege.ie

Mallow College of Further Education

West End, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51P732

+353-22-43309

FurtherEducationCollege.ie - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Linkedin

Gillian Flynn

Sep 22, 2021, 4:53:50 AM9/22/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We use Veyon, Its free and I've been told by the powers that be in the school it is as good as any bought software.

I use it in a Pc room with 29 desktop PCs. It allows me to take control of the PCs, lock them, view the student screen, power on/off, reboot, take control of their screen, open/send a website on their devices.

Its working but it's not perfect, a few little niggles with it but overall it's not bad and allows me to monitor the students. There is a bit of setting up each classroom. I think some of the issues are to do with PC settings rather than Veyon

Regards,
Gillian

Sep 22, 2021, 5:14:16 AM9/22/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Veyon will do most of what you need and it's free which is great.

Anyone know if Veyon works on chromebooks? I remember they were working on a chromebook version but it has been a while since I checked.

Declan Ward

Sep 22, 2021, 5:49:59 AM9/22/21
to Cesi List
Will this work on laptops connected wirelessly running windows 10.

Is there software that can disable laptops that are not returned if they were lent out?