Using the EU ICT grant to kickstart Coding &/or Making in Primary School...

Paul de Lacy

Dec 6, 2021, 10:05:33 AM12/6/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Following on from Tom's email this morning regarding the EU grant as per Circular 60/2021 we had a discussion here at school today.

We feel we have the devices and online resources to support the pupils in the 3Rs (should there be another reason to send devices home in the near future).

We have been granted €8,000 based on our primary school pupil count of approximately 180.

Could I ask primary teachers, and those who actively support primary teachers in the provision of coding and maker lessons, how would you spend the money on a whole school approach (ie age-appropriate coding & maker tools) that would help pupils grow in their computational thinking over their eight years with us?  We are starting from Scratch (hee, hee).

We have iPads and Chromebooks as pupil devices and a green wall and a fabric green screen already in place.

A degree of CPD would also need to be factored in and we do have local expertise who could provide some of that (Hassan?).

Looking forward to a discussion on this thread.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Paul

--
Paul de Lacy
Special Education Teacher

Mike Carter

Dec 8, 2021, 4:08:46 PM12/8/21
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paul

We do support schools in digital technology our mantra is "Putting digital technology in the hands of young people". We are based in the North East of England and have begun to provide software to schools in Ireland for the Micro:bit which can enhance the experience for all at a reasonable price. We are currently working with Maker Red Box from Hungary to promote their package of activities in schools. Our website is www.tyncan.com for more information.

Kind regards
Mike

Mike Carter
Managing Director
Greenesfield Business Centre
Mulgrave Terrace
Gateshead
NE8 1PQ
Wechat: mikec649
skype: TyncanLtd
Twitter: @tyncanLearning

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CA%2B%2BtyYOg_bz4_sVNai6bC8rp2cRrEeBxeQ1BGH3TFuwnbDbq9A%40mail.gmail.com.