Microphone to phone

Jason Keelan

May 23, 2023, 6:55:08 PM5/23/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hey!
I was trying to see what would work best for me for doing moving recording / podcast chats.. I was interviewing a player after a game recently and the RTE guy beside me had a hand held mic connected to his phone via cables. I didn't get a chance to ask him after how it worked. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for doing this. I have a Huawei p30 pro also just in case it helps

Any info would be great

Jason

Joe Halpin

May 24, 2023, 4:06:34 AM5/24/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Jason you can get a variety of Mics. for your phone.

A good phone accessory shop or audio shop should be able to supply them.

You may want to get a cover for it to eliminate wind noise

Joe

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CANPYKf1F8afBs1_8%2BqAXEFWqTbiZ28OQzxw3BcyKcO3MkQbPkA%40mail.gmail.com.

Power

May 25, 2023, 4:13:05 PM5/25/23
to CESI-list

Recommend the Rode Wireless go II. You connect it to phone via USB C

Hassan Dabbagh

May 26, 2023, 5:16:17 AM5/26/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

I suggest one of these :

and one of these:

Yes, The First line is a branded stick! but there is a pop sock ! As a maker I would simply use a "Stick" or some sort of a bar and the wind shield that comes with the mics, the magic is with the second line, the Rode Mics are versatile and they're the type of thing you will NEVER regret buying. When you finish your outside recordings you can take them and connect them to your computer as a mic, or use them for indoor use.  I've even gone as far as setting one up for a teacher to record a class!

i hope that helps, this msg is NOT sponsored by Thomann.

Hassan Dabbagh
Network Administrator
Irish Community Archive Network
National Museum of Ireland
Turlough Park
Castlebar
Co. Mayo
087 9044716

Chris Reina

May 26, 2023, 5:49:26 AM5/26/23
to CESI-list
Hi Jason,

I second Con and Hass' recommendation… I have them and they’re great.

Pros
You can add a lavalier/lapel mic to them
Battery duration very good (nearly a full day)
Ability to record directly to mic (in addition to phone)
Distance from receiver good
Size is tiny but very clear and usable (LCD screen)

Cons
Possibly expensive depending on usage requirement
Gain levels can be a bit finicky
Firmware (make sure to update frequently)
Sometimes confusing cable requirements (but this is also good as it offers a huge choice of “how” to record)

Notes
Definitely get a case for them
Connecting to a phone or tablet may require a TRS to TRRS cable (not included with main kit)
It may also require a USB-C to Lightning adaptor
You can record to the Audio jack of a device or the charging port of a device (USB C for Android, Lighting for Apple)

Cheers!

Chris