Re: [CESI List] Interactive Flat Panels

Message has been deleted

Anne White

May 16, 2022, 6:00:16 AM5/16/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
We went for promethean as a new school and very happy with them so far!

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 May 2022, at 10:14, Lisa Ronan <lisa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

We are hoping to replace Genee Interactive Whiteboards with some Interactive Flat Panels.

Staff are using Activ Inspire software to run their Genee Boards at present.

Any advice or suggestions on what brands to look at would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lisa

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/AM4PR0202MB28834DD45D08E31E6373BD25A4CF9%40AM4PR0202MB2883.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com.

Cóilín Ó Coigligh

May 16, 2022, 9:05:30 AM5/16/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa,
We purchased panels recently from Joe Halpin. I am sure he would advise you. 086 2642402
Beir bua
Cóliin

--
Cóilín Ó Coigligh
Bunscoil Mhuire

Shane Egan

May 17, 2022, 9:51:30 AM5/17/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
 just wondering if anyone has come across or offers courses on how to study?
online or face to face welcome.
shane

--
Slán go fóill!

Sabrina O&#39;Shea

May 17, 2022, 10:31:38 AM5/17/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Sabrina O&#39;Shea

May 17, 2022, 10:33:58 AM5/17/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Hi  Shane,

I’m a study coach for the past 10yrs, if you want to send me more details I can forward you some content that may help.

Sabrina

Sent from Mail for Windows

May 17, 2022, 12:53:39 PM5/17/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
brilliant sabrina. I have some second years who've never been told HOW to study and have no methods, to work off. They feel they are imprisoned in their rooms for hours with no clear way to attack info, bgin to set a study profile or even know what works for them to revise a subject. I'm looking for a selection of methods or a place where they can find the best method for them.

i have some 5th years in the same pickle, but something more tailored to their course might be best for them.

Shane

--
Slán go fóill!

John Heffernan

May 18, 2022, 7:03:01 AM5/18/22
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
One of the middle schools I worked with in the states, were big proponents of AVID (avid.org)  which is designed to reduce the achievement gap. One of the teachers described it as training them like undergrads while in middle school. Big use of graphic organisers, Cornell Notes, Socratic seminars, very much a focus on student centred learning and developing thinking and reflections skills as well as study skills. They would get training sessions on taking notes and scheduling revision techniques - first time I saw a teacher using retrieval practice in the wild was during AVID session.

The AVID site don't give a whole lot but individual schools have some very good resources available - something to keep in mind

ResearchED have some presentations on study skills AFAIK