I need help/advice with iPads

Anne McLoughlin

May 17, 2023, 11:30:24 AM5/17/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

Can somebody help me.

3 years ago we bought 3 iPads for our school from a reseller.

We were set up on apple school manager/jamf??!?

But it never really suited our needs.

We rarely went onto it.

The subscription expired in January and we did not renew.

We recently attempted to download a new app. I don’t know when I did that last. Anyhow, I discovered we cannot access the ap store and download.

If we want to use the iPads as individual iPads. Do we have to wipe them?

If we wipe them, will all apple features reappear.

If anybody has experience, can you please help me!

Ad a last resort, I will go back to the supplier.

I wait in anticipation 🙏🏻

Anne (Principal) St Columba’s, Inishturk

--
Anne McLoughlin

Hassan Dabbagh

May 18, 2023, 5:17:24 AM5/18/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anne,

Hows all with you, depending on the supplier I would suggest you go back to them I realise that depending on the supplier this can be easy OR a pain! , if they enrolled the devices using Jamf, then if you remove the device it will just reconnect once the device hits a WiFi network.
You could sign into Jamf and remove the devices from there, that means you login using the Jamf ID / school ID, You'll need to remember the email address used to sign in, if you don't remember the password then I'd suggest using the forgot password function.
To be honest I don't know why the reseller put you on an MDM for 3 devices but that is a question for another day, let me know how you get on, I know there's more on the list who would like to know how this plays out.
A note to suppliers (like me) lets keep the replies on the list before replying privately, that way all can learn.

Hassan Dabbagh
MakerMeet Ireland
www.makermeet.ie
087 9044716

Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAB59BAqZwnFHWSMhCFFrdaL3UdazrQ_sJAnFehBheDNTbvcoow%40mail.gmail.com.

Miriam Walsh

May 18, 2023, 5:35:56 AM5/18/23
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Hassan. If the devices are erased it is likely the education configuration profile will still install. The devices need to be released from Apple School Manager so they can be restored and used as commercial IDs.
If you have no paid for JAMF since January it is unlikely you will be able to do anything without contacting the reseller

For 3 devices commercial IDs are ok but if you ever increase your deployment give ASM and JAMF another try it is the most efficient way of managing devices.