Computer room redesign

Helena Kelly

May 27, 2024, 5:41:42 PMMay 27
to cesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just wondering has anybody turned a traditional computer room into a multipurpose room with laptops and be willing to share some pictures of the layout and furniture styles they have used? Also, if there is anything that needs to be looked out for. I would also be interested in what sort of layout newer schools have gone for. This is for a second level school.

Regards,

Helena.

Leo Scarff

May 28, 2024, 9:26:31 AMMay 28
to cesi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Helena,

Leo Scarff here from Fablab Makerhub in Manorhamilton. We run workshops in digi fab for a wide range of educational orgs. My day job however is as a furniture designer. We recently designed a collection of storage and display furniture for SG Education who as you probably know, supply educational supplies to most of the schools in Ireland. This new collection called the Makerspace Furniture System is made in Ireland and has a fantastic array of parts to create a truly functional and innovative educational space. Attached are some images of recent installs and design schemes. All the furniture is fully power integrated for quick classroom set up and is based on a slotted pegboard detail which allows for all parts to be swapped around from wall to mobile display to mobile storage units. We can also help with classroom design and layout.

Let me know if you're interested in knowing more. If not, thanks for taking the time to read this !

Rgds

Leo

--
Fablab Makerhub
Leo Scarff
E: l...@fablabmh.org
www.makerhub.ie
Attempts to use the list for commercial purposes may result removal from the list.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CESI-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cesi-list/CAEqDvGdeXF-HzbnmF0ifyoOXB3GqRV7bQzdqGFtjO%2B3itCujuw%40mail.gmail.com.
--
sg education makerspace furniture system 5.jpg
sg education makerspace furniture system paltech worktops .jpg

John Heffernan

May 30, 2024, 7:01:35 AMMay 30
to cesi...@googlegroups.com