CT Usage Statistics

Jens Friess

Jun 18, 2021, 9:58:19 AM6/18/21
to certificate-transparency

Hi all,

as part of my PKI research, it would be useful to know how widespread CT is. That is, what percentage of domain owners monitor CT.
Are there any usage statistics for Google's log servers (e.g. how many users/unique IPs contact the servers per month?) that are or could be made available?

Kind regards,
Jens Friess

Ben Laurie

Jun 18, 2021, 12:17:19 PM6/18/21
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that's going to be a very interesting statistic because of things like https://crt.sh/.

Kind regards,
Jens Friess

Jens Friess

Jun 22, 2021, 8:30:39 AM6/22/21
to certificate-transparency
Yes, I'm aware that third-party monitors will likely attract more users. I have also reached out to several monitors for usage statistics and in combination they should be more interesting. (Unfortunately I have not heard back yet.)

Elnaz J

Jun 30, 2021, 5:16:49 AM6/30/21
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
HI,
Actually, I am not a researcher, But I really need help with Certification Authority,

Is anyone helping me?
I understand that you guys are not adviser, but I am sure you know 100 more times better me.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Regard

Elnaz Jafarian

Al Cutter

Jun 30, 2021, 5:54:42 AM6/30/21
On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 10:16 AM Elnaz J <elnaz.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
HI,
Actually, I am not a researcher, But I really need help with Certification Authority,

Might be better to start a new thread with the details of the problem you're having - folks may be more able to help if they know what you need help with.

Cheers,
Al.