Regarding Support for this https://www.gstatic.com/ct/log_list/v3/

Sane Dev

May 25, 2023, 4:41:46 AM5/25/23
to certificate-transparency
Hi All,
We have migrated to the latest version of Certificate Transparency Library to 2.4.5.
So now we are hitting this url https://www.gstatic.com/ct/log_list/v3/ .
1) Is this will work for the app which is live on production?
     Will this work?
2) Will the existing user in the app will get affected?

Waiting for a reply on this
Thank you,

Roger Ng

May 25, 2023, 4:51:47 AM5/25/23
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sane,

Please read the latest announcement to understand the changes of v2 log list. Upgrading to the latest version of the library definitely helps.

Assume you have published a new app version in Play, which includes the latest version of the library. If your app users do not update their apps, then they will still be relying on the v2 log list.

Cheers,
Roger

Chintankumar Soni

May 25, 2023, 9:22:37 AM5/25/23
to certificate-transparency
Hi Roger Ng,
Thanks for providing the latest information. Explaining the situation, our SDK is consumed by our merchants (app developers) and our SDK does contain appmattus CT library. We came to know about this warning from our merchants and the warning is below:
We have a warning from android play-store as below: Firstly, https://www.gstatic.com/ct/log_list/v2/log_list.json will start returning 404 on 2023-06-07 around 10AM UTC+1. We have identified that your applications that could be impacted. Please make sure that your application does not depend on this URL to prevent any outage.

Understanding the above latest announcement and your reply, it will likely not impact the app users who have this V2 loglist immediately after 2023-06-07. However, We do have some questions we'd like your help with, which are listed below.

 What will happen about this warning from the play-store, if app developers update their app before 2023-06-07 or after it? Will they still get a warning about a service outage from loglist?

Checkout Ltd, Company No. 08037323, Wenlock Works, Shepherdess Walk, London, N1 7BQ is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (reference number 900816) to issue electronic money and provide payment services.

***************************************

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, immediately and permanently delete it, and do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

***************************************

Roger Ng

May 25, 2023, 11:32:01 AM5/25/23
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chintankumar,

The Play Console warning message was sent to app developers with any app published in Play relying on the v2 log list. App developers can dismiss this warning message in the Play Console. Updating the apps before or after 2023-06-07 does not change the warning message already received in the Play Console. The app developers with apps updated to rely on v3 log list will not see a new v2 log list warning message in case there is another round of communication.

Cheers,
Roger

Chintankumar Soni

May 26, 2023, 5:33:48 AM5/26/23