Chrome Certificate Transparency log list v2 turndown

Beechey, Andrew (ELS-LON)

May 11, 2023, 6:37:22 AM5/11/23
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com

I have recently received emails stating that my organisations android applications may be affected…

Firstly, https://www.gstatic.com/ct/log_list/v2/log_list.json will start returning 404 on 2023-06-07 around 10.00 a.m. UTC+1. We have identified your applications that could be impacted. Please ensure that your application does not depend on this URL to prevent any outage.

I am unsure why this warning has been sent to me.

None of our applications mention this url.

We do employ the following url to ascertain whether or not our applications have access to the internet though:-

private const val GOOGLE_CONNECTIVITY_CHECK_URL = https://connectivitycheck.gstatic.com/generate_204

will the above /generate_204 endpoint also start returning HTTP 404 on 07 06 2023 around 10.00 am UTC+1?

If it will start returning 404, what options do I have to achieve the same result?

Warm regards

Andrew

Roger Ng

May 11, 2023, 2:51:56 PM5/11/23
to certificate-transparency
Hi Andrew,

Please send me the app package names in a private message. Most likely there is some transitive dependency.

Cheers,
Roger