how to get all certificates of a log ?

Ghost

Jul 6, 2023, 4:23:10 PM7/6/23
to certificate-transparency
hello, I'm new here.
I'd like to know how I can obtain a list of all certificates in the log.
Can I achieve this by utilizing the following resource: https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-go ?

OR

if there are any simpler methods available, kindly provide the details.
thanks

Roger Ng

Jul 6, 2023, 4:26:23 PM7/6/23
to certificate-transparency
Thanks for your interest in certificate transparency. Please read the following related conversations.

https://groups.google.com/g/certificate-transparency/c/M0MI6kLYooM

Cheers,
Roger

Daniel Gorbe

Jul 6, 2023, 4:51:37 PM7/6/23
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Check the scanner/scanlog subfolder (https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-go/tree/master/scanner/scanlog).

It is a CLI tool to scan a specific CT Log.

thanks --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "certificate-transparency" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/certificate-transparency/30436f4d-6729-4a0a-bab9-e904b44ed32en%40googlegroups.com.
--
Daniel Gorbe
OpenPGP_0x5D00FD9E9F2A3725.asc

Matt Palmer

Jul 6, 2023, 9:03:33 PM7/6/23
On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 01:13:18PM -0700, Ghost wrote:
> hello, I'm new here.
> I'd like to know how I can obtain a list of all certificates in the log.

While a CT log is accessible via HTTP(S), there's no resource you can
request that will return all of the certificates -- or even one certificate,
by itself. Instead, you can request ranges of log entries, which have the
certificates as one part of a larger data structure.

There is the `scanlog` tool that has been previously linked, and I've
written a CLI program in Rust that is intended to fetch certificates as
quickly and efficiently as possible, available from
https://github.com/mpalmer/scrape-ct-log.

- Matt

Ghost

Jul 8, 2023, 8:37:53 AM7/8/23
to certificate-transparency
hello Matt thanks for your great tool
I tested your tool and "certificate" value I think is encoded.. is there a way to get certificate value in plain text ?

Matt Palmer

Jul 9, 2023, 11:00:34 PM7/9/23
On Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 05:36:24AM -0700, Ghost wrote:
> On Friday, 7 July 2023 at 04:33:33 UTC+3:30 Matt Palmer wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 01:13:18PM -0700, Ghost wrote:
> > > hello, I'm new here.
> > > I'd like to know how I can obtain a list of all certificates in the log.
> >
> > While a CT log is accessible via HTTP(S), there's no resource you can
> > request that will return all of the certificates -- or even one
> > certificate,
> > by itself. Instead, you can request ranges of log entries, which have the
> > certificates as one part of a larger data structure.
> >
> > There is the `scanlog` tool that has been previously linked, and I've
> > written a CLI program in Rust that is intended to fetch certificates as
> > quickly and efficiently as possible, available from
> > https://github.com/mpalmer/scrape-ct-log.
>
> hello Matt thanks for your great tool
> I tested your tool and "certificate" value I think is encoded.. is there a
> way to get certificate value in plain text ?

The certificate is presented as the DER-encoded certificate that can be
parsed by basically any tool that works with certificates (`openssl x509
-inform DER -noout -text` for example). If you're using the JSON output
format, the DER-encoded certificate is further encoded using base64, since
JSON can't represent binary data.

- Matt

Zuka Toy85

Jul 10, 2023, 7:38:02 AM7/10/23