CT Log entry timestamp

CHINENYE OKAFOR

Nov 4, 2022, 10:31:04 AM11/4/22
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was carrying out some exercises to analyze the growth rate of CT log in one of the google log servers but could not find a way to verify what time an entry was integrated into the log.

I have gone through the rfc6962 standard and can’t find a query that perhaps takes a tree_size as input and returns an entry with its integration timestamp.

Did I miss something, or there’s no way to verify the timestamp of each entry?

I am looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Chinenye

Philippe Boneff

Nov 9, 2022, 4:33:40 AM11/9/22
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com, okaforchin...@gmail.com
Hi Chinenye,

Did I miss something, or there’s no way to verify the timestamp of each entry?

That's correct: I am not aware of any way to get the timestamp at which an entry was integrated in the log. One could follow the log along and either:
 - manually keep track of when a certificate appears (or the corresponding STH timestamp)
 - keep record of the (size of a log, timestamp), and correlate that size with the corresponding entry number of the pre-cert

I am not aware of any service providing this information though.

Cheers,
Philippe