helm CRDs in umbrella charts

stefan Kuhn

Apr 4, 2022, 7:02:27 AM4/4/22
to cert-manager-dev
Hello,

I'd like to add the cert-manager helm chart as a dependency to my kong umbrella chart, e.g.
```
dependencies:
- name: cert-manager
version: "v1.7.1"
repository: "https://charts.jetstack.io"
- name: kong
version: "2.7.0"
repository: "https://charts.konghq.com"
```

Probably due to the fact, that the CRDs are "templated" by a toggle, they're not in the CRD directory, so helm doesn't install them prior to other stuff. It results in an error message:
"Error: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "ClusterIssuer" in version "cert-manager.io/v1""

It there a way to circumvent this and use the cert-manager helm template in an umbrella chart?