Does cert-manager allow to store certs in vault ?

Darshan

Jun 30, 2021, 5:59:58 PM6/30/21
to cert-manager-dev
In our environment all the secrets are stored in vault. We are now trying to integrate with cert-manager, but so far I have not found a way to store secrets in vault. By default, cert-manager stores it in kubernetes secret.

My questions is: Does cert-manager allow to store certs in vault ?

Thanks.

--Darshan

Jake Sanders

Jul 1, 2021, 12:42:10 PM7/1/21
to cert-manager-dev
Hi Darshan,

cert-manager can only store certificates in Kubernetes secrets.

For high security environments, I would recommend taking a look at https://github.com/jetstack/cert-manager-csi -
where private key material never leaves the node where the workload is running so isn't stored anywhere.

Jake