Needing help with wildcard certificate

Nicolas Larcipretti

Jul 30, 2018, 2:55:32 PM7/30/18
to cert-manager-dev
Hey people! I'm quite new to this community and I hope I'm addressing this question in the right place, if not, I'm trully sorry.

I'm struggling  with wildcard SSL certificates configuration, can anyone help me out?

I'm trying to use a single certificate to all my subdomains, the thing is I need to redirect some specific subdomains to specific services in my Ingress, as follows:

apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Ingress
metadata:
  name: my-wildcard-ingress
  namespace: myspace
  annotations:
    certmanager.k8s.io/cluster-issuer: letsencrypt-prod
spec:
  rules:
  - host: app1.myhost.com
    http:
      paths:
      - path: /
        backend:
          serviceName: some-service
          servicePort: 3000
  - host: "*.myhost.com"
    http:
      paths:
      - path: /
        backend:
          serviceName: some-other-service
          servicePort: 8000
  tls:
  - secretName: myhost-com-tls
    hosts:
     - "*.myhost.com"

This Ingress works properly redirectwise, but it doesn't use my wildcard certificate to the app1.myhost.com (it uses some fake Kubernetes certificate).

How can I make Ingress use my wildcard certificate to all the defined "hosts" in "rules" section?

Cheers

Nicolas