ServerSide.com Announcement

Andrew Wills

Mar 25, 2009, 5:54:02 PM3/25/09
to cernunnos-discussion
Hey folks,

Well, everything's ready for the 1.1.0 release, as far as I know. I'm
hoping to tag it and post new binaries tonight.

This time around, I'd like to post a little announcement to
TheServerSide.com. I've drafted what I want to say, but I thought I'd
run it by this group first.

Please let me know if:
- Something that should be said isn't in there; or
- Something that's in there should be phrased differently to avoid
confusion, or shouldn't be said at all

*****

*Cernunnos 1.1.0 Released: Better URI Support, Better Integration
with Spring & Maven*

The Cernunnos Project Team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Cernunnos version 1.1.0. Cernunnos is an open source
Java technology that helps Java professionals be more effective in
their work. Cernunnos is available from GoogleCode at the following
address: http://cernunnos.googlecode.com/.

Version1.1.0 of Cernunnos provides many new features, bug fixes, and
enhancements since the 1.0.0 release in September 2008. In total, 37
documented issues were resolved: 31 enhancements and 6 defects. Team
members added 4 new components to Cernunnos, and 37 existing
components received enhancements of one kind or another.

Highlights include:
- New ResourceHelper API for enhanced, uniform resource resolution
among components
- New PojoTask for simpler Dependency Injection and better
integration with Spring
- New Maven archetype for creating a webapp project that uses Cernunnos
- Support for automated definition of Servlets & Portlets
- Support for running Cernunnos operations from the ${CRN_HOME}/bin directory
- Significant enhancements to exception feedback & troubleshooting
- Significant enhancements to the manual, including more and better
examples, covereage of previously undocumented components and features
- Improvements to Maven build & dependency configuration

*****

Cheers,

drew wills

argherna