${escape}

Andrew Wills

Mar 18, 2009, 1:32:57 PM3/18/09
to cernunnos-discussion
Hey folks,

I've added an ${escape} phrase, which prevents the text within it from
being evaluated for nested phrases. There were several file types I
sometimes wanted to manipulate -- build.xml, pom.xml, *.properties,
*.jsp -- that also use '${}' as delimiters, and obviously I was
running into issues.

Here's an example of how ${escape} can come in handy: I've attached a
file (up-config.crn) that automatically configures a new Tomcat 6
instance for uPortal in the manner described here:
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/ZoCV
- It updates catalina.properties to set the 'shared.loader' property
- It adds the emptySessionPath="true" attribute to the Connector on port 8080

To use it, just drop it in the root of your uP source and invoke it like this:

>crn up-config.crn

IMPORTANT NOTE: you must be sure that build.porperties has been
configured appropriately first; it locates your Tomcat installation
using the 'server.home' property.

I created Issue #79 to memorialize this enhancement:
http://code.google.com/p/cernunnos/issues/detail?id=79

Cheers,

drew wills

up-config.crn