DSTU2 versus R4

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Aug 4, 2021, 5:40:43 PM8/4/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

my team and I are developing an EHR app, and we're trying to figure out the best way for allowing it to handle both DSTU2 and R4 resources. Can anyone comment as to whether the usage of DSTU2 versus R4 by different providers is more provider-dependent or EHR-dependent?
Thanks,

Francesca Ricci-Tam

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 5, 2021, 12:40:38 AM8/5/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Cerner supports both R4 and DSTU2 for majority of our clients. Usage of R4 and/or DSTU2 is App dependent. The Application can use whichever version it wants to, however we highly recommend R4. Most resource in DSTU2 are also available in R4 with the exception of few. Your App can also be a hybrid of DSTU2 and R4.

Thanks,
Fenil