How to find Practioner (nurse) assigned to the patient

Daya

Nov 12, 2018, 10:15:27 AM11/12/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Could you please help me find the right resource/API/search parameter to look up the Nurse Practitioner assigned or taking care of the patient?

Thanks
~Daya

Daya

Nov 12, 2018, 10:39:09 AM11/12/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
On further research it seems that

            "careProvider" : [
               {
                  "reference" : "Practitioner/1258007",
                  "display" : "Vavroch, Nathan"
               }
            ],

is returned when searching a Patient and sometimes on the Patient resource itself. So if careProvider is absent on a Patient resource then is it safe to assume that Patient does NOT have an assigned careProvider and our app can assign a careProvider (nurse) ?

~Daya

Daya Sharma

Nov 16, 2018, 2:15:06 PM11/16/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
If careProvider is absent on a Patient resource then is it safe to assume that Patient does NOT have an assigned careProvider and our app can assign a careProvider (nurse) ?

Jenni Syed (Cerner)

Nov 21, 2018, 11:36:59 AM11/21/18
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Daya,

What type of care provider is the app trying to assign? Is it for the existing encounter? Longer? A specific type of relationship?

Thanks,
Jenni

Daya Sharma

Nov 21, 2018, 1:04:02 PM11/21/18
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to assign a Nurse to a patient not just for an encounter but as a primary care provider at least till the end of their shift at which point some other nurse will be assigned.

Thanks,
~Daya