Bulk Patient, Encounter, pulls

Mary Kay Kincaid

Jan 19, 2022, 4:00:09 PM1/19/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi everyone!

I have a question that I am hoping someone else here in the group has had and hopefully has figured out.
If we wanted to build a dashboard that takes patient data from Cerner and puts that data into a dashboard interface (display info and then adding new functionality, etc.), is there a way to go about bringing over all patients and all encounter data over to the system for an initial load?  Data would get updated as it changes, but for that initial integration, how could we bring over everything?

If so, Is it currently possible through the FHIR API or another method?
Do we need a special account or access to do this?

We have successfully pulled a single patient over with the API examples and following along the Smart App tutorial, but have not found a way to do bulk loads.

Thank you!
Mary Kay

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jan 19, 2022, 5:33:04 PM1/19/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello Mary Kay,

Currently, Cerner's FHIR APIs are built around the notion of patient in context and not bulk data.
You can still achieve your objective by calling APIs individually but its not scalable.

Thanks,
Fenil

Mary Kay Kincaid

Jan 19, 2022, 5:36:07 PM1/19/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks, Fenil.
Would we be able to accomplish this with HealtheIntent API? (instead of FHIR?)

I have seen examples where it looks like this has been done with Cerner EHR data.

Mary Kay

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Jan 19, 2022, 5:42:29 PM1/19/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Knowledge about the HealthIntent APIs would be outside the context of this group but bulk data retrieval is currently not available through FHIR APIs.
HealtheIntent API Documentation: https://docs.healtheintent.com/#introduction

Mary Kay Kincaid

Jan 19, 2022, 5:48:28 PM1/19/22
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks, again.  I will explore more there.
Mary Kay