Care Plan

Jonathan Maple

Jan 8, 2020, 6:38:35 PM1/8/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Can someone provide a sample or detail of where a Care Plan is available to the provider?  We are looking into using this as a method for notifying the Provider that our custom workflow has completed and created a document in the patient's chart that is ready for their review.

Tara Swelstad

Jan 8, 2020, 10:40:37 PM1/8/20
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com
A careplan in "Cerner" terms is a set of orders that a provider may order at any given time. How will you notify the provider through the care plan? if you are looking to create a document that is a bit different than a care plan. Can you elaborate a little further please? Thank you! Tara

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 6:38 PM Jonathan Maple <bigm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can someone provide a sample or detail of where a Care Plan is available to the provider?  We are looking into using this as a method for notifying the Provider that our custom workflow has completed and created a document in the patient's chart that is ready for their review.

Jonathan Maple

Jan 9, 2020, 8:45:53 AM1/9/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thanks Tara!  We are looking for a way to 'notify' the provider once our custom process has run AND we've created the document using DocumentReference.Create.  Based on the Cerner documentation we thought the care plan might be a reasonable avenue to accomplish this.  Do you have suggestions on another way we could notify a provider when the document is ready for review?

Jonathan Maple

Jan 20, 2020, 1:26:34 PM1/20/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Following up on our question.  Can we use a Care Plan to accomplish the 'notification' that our process has completed and the document is ready for the Provider?  Is there another option that we should use instead?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jan 21, 2020, 9:05:15 AM1/21/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jonathan,

Both of the scenarios you are suggesting sound like something that we, unfortunately, don't currently support.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)

Jonathan Maple

Jan 27, 2020, 11:40:05 AM1/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for the response Ben.  How does a Provider get notified when a 3rd party sends in lab results?  Is there a mechanism in the EHR that calls attention to something like a patient needing to be isolated or treated immediately etc.?

Benjamin Eichhorn (Cerner)

Jan 27, 2020, 1:31:49 PM1/27/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jonathan,

Generally in the EHR those would go through Message Center. There is currently no FHIR API available today that supports interacting with messaging.

Thanks,
Ben (Cerner)