RelatePerson and Accout resources for the test Financial Data

Raymond Bohartz III

Dec 19, 2019, 5:43:09 PM12/19/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

While working with the test data for the Account and FinancialTransaction resources, it appears that the Patients Chip and Ellie do not have any RelatedPerson resources for them. I was expecting with these two Patients would have at least a Person Relationship, using Code Set 40, to Jim per the scenarios provided. X-Request-Id: a9fb348a149c316d2a56f95ab321cdc7

Also, when using a Patient resource to search the Account resource for a statement, utilizing https://fhir.cerner.com/accountnumber with the Patient's Identifier (the MRN. Not 100% sure that this is correct or if the MRN just happened to match the https://fhir.cerner.com/accountnumber when looking at the specific statement for the Patient) that an Account resource is not found. X-Request-Id: 0f7c967239244fac8d45ebbf3d6aed37

Ultimately, I would like to search for a Patient and then search for an Account with the type of statement to pull amounts to pay. I would also like to pull up the Patient's RelatedAccount resources to find their guarantor(s).

Thank you.

Raymond Bohartz III

Dec 27, 2019, 10:29:59 AM12/27/19
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Is there any additional information needed to help with this?

Max Philips (Cerner)

Jan 2, 2020, 9:37:42 AM1/2/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Raymond,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in reply here. We will double check the data we've staged and get back to you.

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Max Philips (Cerner)

Jan 3, 2020, 2:09:41 PM1/3/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Raymond,

We've identified a scenario where specific relationship types may prevent RelatedPerson resources from qualifying during a search. We've added this to our backlog to address. If it helps you in the mean time, here is the RelatedPerson entity that exists between Chip and Jim: RelatedPerson/6330015-6330016 and here is the RelatedPerson entity that exists between Ellie and Jim: RelatedPerson/6330015-6330017. Your assumption is correct that those patients do have relationships, and we will work to correct our search behavior in this case.

When searching for Accounts by patient, per https://fhir.cerner.com/millennium/r4/financial/account/#parameters, you'll need to provide the patient, identifier, and type parameters. I've updated the test data document to make it easier to find values for the identifiers. For Statement accounts, the system of the identifier will be "https://fhir.cerner.com/0b8a0111-e8e6-4c26-a91c-5069cbc6b1ca/codeSet/28200" and the value of the identifier is the Statement Number listed in the document.

In the interim while we address the RelatedPerson search scenario above, you can find Guarantors of an Account directly from the Account resource itself in Account.guarantor (so even after the search is fixed you shouldn't need to use it.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Max (Cerner)

Raymond Bohartz III

Jan 3, 2020, 6:23:04 PM1/3/20
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Thank you for your help Max.

No problem with the delay on the response. It's the holidays.

This information is very helpful. Also, thank you for updating the document as well.

If any other questions come up, I'll be sure to ask.

Thank you.